Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/29/20 2:03pm Msg #621552
Depends on how well compensated I've been for the amount of time invested with them. If it's just a signature or two at a well-paying assignment for a good client, I'm happy to do it for free, if I have the time. However, if I'm doing a signing at my minimum fee that is at or stretching the limits of the size of package I'll accept for that fee, it's highly unlikely I'm adding a freebie on top of that.

When asked, I'll generally suggest we get the work at hand finished first, then I'd be happy to take a look at it. Not only does that give me the chance to make sure I have enough time left for something extra after finishing their loan docs, but it allows me to see how much they're asking of me before I address the fee issue. It also sets the expectation that it will be a separate transaction, whether or not I decide to charge anything extra.

It may depend on the area, but I've found that most people are happy to pay the per signature fee. I've made it convenient for them (vs. going to UPS or a bank, etc.) and they didn't have to pay a travel fee.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs - Alz on 6/28/20 8:41pm
 Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/28/20 9:00pm
 Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs - JustANotary on 6/28/20 11:46pm
 Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs -  Yoli/CA on 6/29/20 7:32am
 I wouldn't do 9 as a professional courtesy. I'd definitely -  MW/VA on 6/29/20 7:39am
 Generally, I charge as we still have the liability n/m - Lee/AR on 6/29/20 8:55am
 Re: Do you work for free? - Clem/CA on 6/29/20 9:39am
 Notarized a marriage license last week. - Philip Johnson on 6/29/20 11:34am
 Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs -  JanetK_CA on 6/29/20 2:03pm
 Re: Do you notarize other documents as a courtesy for BWRs - pdl/cali on 6/29/20 10:35pm
 I would too - especially for that many. - Linda_H/FL on 6/30/20 9:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.