Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: COVID
Posted by ML/PA of PA on 7/26/20 7:12am Msg #622392
On Friday I had a closing scheduled and five minutes before I arrived the borrower called to let me know his wife had something come up and she would not be available at that time could we do it a little later. We agreed to do it later in the day. 15 minutes later I get a call from his wife who explains to me that she’s in Miami and he wants her to drive to Fort Myers which is several hours away for the closing. She tells me that she probably has Covid, Waiting for the test result, is quarantined for two weeks and doesn’t want to get anybody else sick. She explained that several people she works with tested positive and she has all the symptoms. I was shocked that her husband lied to me and had no concern of exposing me to the virus as long as he got his loan closed. I thanked her for being honest with me and told her she did the right thing. She asked me if I could explain that to her husband. Not my place, he already knew. I did call him and let him know how I felt about this then I called the title company and they were shocked. We have no clue if people are being honest about this, even when we ask them. I went through my checklist regarding the virus when I confirmed the closing with him The same day so he just ignored everything.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 COVID - Jake Draper on 7/26/20 1:26am
 Re: COVID - ML/PA on 7/26/20 7:12am
 I find it appalling that ANYONE would make their loan more -  MW/VA on 7/26/20 12:29pm
 Re: I find it appalling that ANYONE would make their loan more - shooterclay on 7/26/20 3:31pm
 Same here - zetetic/IN on 7/26/20 2:15pm
 This is why I am not taking signings during the pandemic - pleasantonCA on 7/26/20 3:28pm
 Thanks to all for warnings. We take appts at our own peril! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 7/26/20 3:47pm
 I showed up for a signing and - Catherine Maham on 7/27/20 8:43am
 ["Wife walked papers back and forth . . ."] - NVLSlady/VA on 7/27/20 11:12am
 Re: I showed up for a signing and - Luckydog on 7/27/20 12:24pm
 She said they were 20 ft. apart & outside. I wouldn't -  MW/VA on 7/27/20 1:10pm
 Re: She said they were 20 ft. apart & outside. I wouldn -  JanetK_CA on 7/27/20 3:46pm
 Re: COVID - doglover/CA on 7/27/20 5:03pm
 I'm not even doing that now - Linda_H/FL on 7/29/20 10:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.