Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: A first in almost 17 years!
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 1/8/21 6:59pm Msg #628325
I had one last summer that was a split signing. The 1st notary knew it was a split signing, and disregarded the label to send to me, and used the label I was supposed to use to send the package back to the title company.
It wasn't discovered until I didn't get the package the next AM and they started tracking it.

Needless to say it cost a lot of money to get this fixed as was a rate lock expiration and the day I needed to sign, the package was at the title company 250 miles south of here, and my signers were leaving for Canada the next day. It cost my SS a courier to drive it up here to me because it was her notary's error. We signed at 9:00 PM.
Just goes to show you many notaries cannot think ahead, afraid to ask a simple question...next time I suggested they just email me the label on the side as there is no confusion on where the 1st notary should send the package to.
On top of all of that, numerous errors missed initials...

Not too long ago my pre printed label had my name as the sender, and marked "Bill to sender". You have to watch what's going on now. So far no charge back and I blacked out my information as sender. They are the sender, they are the receiver and has nothing to do with me as the middleman.

These mistakes make us grow and learn...it happens to all of us.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A first in almost 17 years! - ananotary on 1/7/21 10:33pm
 It happened to me twice :) n/m - Gavina Franklin on 1/8/21 12:54am
 Re: A first in almost 17 years! - Clem/CA on 1/8/21 8:50am
 Re: A first in almost 17 years! - Luckydog on 1/8/21 6:59pm
 Re: A first in almost 17 years! - LJCA on 1/8/21 1:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.