Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/27/21 4:33pm Msg #635413
Facility this morning while assisting father, son and their attorney with family trust package. Father had a stroke affecting right side so he is in rehaB and pt. Didn't impact his speech and his ability to communicate. We were finished in 20 minutes and as I was making my exit, the conference room door opened and a very officious young man asked "Is there a notary in this room?" I responded yes that would be me. He then said that no documents may be notarized in his facility without an ombudsman present.

The attorney responded that these documents have nothing to do with patient care but have to do with his estate.

I left immediately. Nothing I should be involved with.

I have been doing this work for decades. This is the first time I've witnessed a facility executive director get involved at this level.

Or am I just now being initiated? Maybe this is all new due to covid. Most trust work I do is at private homes, banks, and Law Offices.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/27/21 4:33pm
 Re: Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care - NVLSlady/VA on 9/27/21 4:46pm
 Re: Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care -  JanetK_CA on 9/27/21 4:50pm
 Re: Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care - pdl/cali on 9/27/21 10:29pm
 Re: Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care - Carolyn Bodley on 9/29/21 10:09am
 Just means another level of screening -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/1/21 6:47pm
 Re: Very interesting encounter@retirement assistd care - AngelaV/CA on 4/11/22 1:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.