Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I don-t have the authority to over ride anything
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 6/24/22 3:13pm Msg #641038
If I look a the page at notarize.com and click on "How does online notarization work?" it appears that the customer has to answer the knowledge-based authentication questions and upload ID before he/she even gets assigned to a notary, and then has no control over which he/she gets assigned to. As long as customers are randomly assigned to notaries, it makes no sense to have a personal knowledge option, because they signer and notary would almost never know each other.

But apparently there are "bring your own customer" platforms where the notary and signer have already decided to work with each other, and the notary gets on the platform and somehow tells the platform who the signer is. It would be perfectly legal to have a "personally known" checkbox which would make the system skip the knowledge-based authentication and ID upload. I don't know if any platforms have implemented this option or not.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Virtual personal knowledge? - VT_Syrup on 6/24/22 4:46am
 I agree n/m - Lee/AR on 6/24/22 7:33am
 Re: Virtual personal knowledge? -  Yoli/CA on 6/24/22 10:29am
 Re: Virtual personal knowledge? - VT_Syrup on 6/24/22 10:52am
 I don't have the authority to over ride anything. I am just - grapebed on 6/24/22 1:50pm
 Re: I don-t have the authority to over ride anything - VT_Syrup on 6/24/22 3:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.