Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/11/22 8:46pm Msg #643334
The last time I renewed, which was in 2020, right in the middle of Covid, the County Recorder offices were all closed to the public, so I had to find another notary to administer the oath for me, then mail it all in. It worked out fine. You still have a couple of weeks, so that should be doable.

When you went online, did it say you need an appointment? I'd think that waiting in line would still be an option, too, but I have no idea. The only other alternative I can think of is to go to another office. Does the LA County Recorder have satellite offices?

I've filed my commission a few times at the small satellite office (for OC Recorder) in Laguna Hills, which seldom has much of a line. If you don't care which county your commission is filed in, worst case, you could go there (or the busy Santa Ana office, which can be a hassle, too). If LH is within reasonable driving distance for you (right by the 5 fwy), it's a real easy in and out. [I have no idea what the implications might be of changing counties. Perhaps just where you need to send your used journals whenever you retire, but IDK]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question: CA Renewing Notaries... - FeliseSoCal on 11/11/22 5:12pm
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... -  JanetK_CA on 11/11/22 8:46pm
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/12/22 8:21am
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/12/22 8:31am
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... - Susan/CA on 11/12/22 11:55am
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... - Susan/CA on 11/12/22 11:56am
 Re: Question: CA Renewing Notaries... - FeliseSoCal on 11/12/22 4:31pm
 Re: AMROCK -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/14/22 10:07am
 Re: AMROCK -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/14/22 10:38am
 Thanks Cheryl!!! You had me grabbing another cup of - Linda_H/FL on 11/14/22 10:55am
 Update: CA Renewing Notaries... - FeliseSoCal on 11/14/22 4:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.