Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

RR contract
Posted by Art_MD of MD on 12/4/22 12:32pm Msg #643553
Well, congress actually did their job. You may not agree with how they did it, but they did their job. They forced the RR union to accept a contract the union leaders had tentatively agreed to.
The current administration is pro-union, per the president and all his minions. But, as I see it, the government is primarily to run this country in a fair way for all the people. They put the good of the country ahead of their donors for once.
How many of you know the following facts re the RR contract. I really had to dig to get some of this...

According to payscale.com union pacific.. and other sources ( i'm sure I'll get a least one response asking "SOURCE")
average sal....95,000
24% wage increase over 5 years.
10,000+ bonus
up to 5 weeks vacation
capped medical costs
a government backed retirement plan (separate from social security) which is structurally similar but pays about double what SS pays.
no paid sick leave - only 20% of workers in US get paid sick leave.
ability to effectively take a leave of absence at a workers discretion - no ramifications

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 RR contract - Art_MD on 12/4/22 12:32pm
 All I can say is where do I sign up? n/m - Lee/AR on 12/4/22 1:35pm
 Re: RR contract - should be in JP n/m - Linda_H/FL on 12/4/22 4:31pm
 Re: RR contract n/m -  MW/VA on 12/4/22 4:32pm
 Oops. Wrong forum. Belongs in JP. n/m -  MW/VA on 12/4/22 4:33pm
 Re: RR contract -  JanetK_CA on 12/4/22 5:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.