Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

1099 filing platforms - the new middleman
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 1/24/23 3:29pm Msg #644137
It would appear some companies are now using 1099 filing platforms.

PaigeTurner and Clem posted below that SD is now using Stripe. Today, I received notification from Field Choice (I've never worked with them but they have me in their database) advising as follows:

"Hello Signing Agents,
We are currently working on processing the 1099's for everyone that is eligible to receive one. The good news is they will be arriving in your inbox very soon.

Below is the additional details:

• 1099s will be issued electronically via email; they will come from Tax1099.com
• 1099s will be issued on or prior to 1/31
• 1099s will be issued to those who were paid $600 or more in 2022
• 1099s will be issued to those whose tax id and name were matched in the Tax1099.com system, based on the W-9 provided

Thank you for your partnership and we wish you a great 2023.

Sincerely,
The FieldChoice Team"

Like I said, I've never worked with them so I'm not affected by this. But ... Why are these third parties necessary?

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 1099 filing platforms - the new middleman -  Yoli/CA on 1/24/23 3:29pm
 Just another chance for info to be compromised! ;-( -  MW/VA on 1/24/23 3:41pm
 Why does this matter so much? Many companies farm this out - ananotary on 1/24/23 4:24pm
 Re: Why does this matter so much? Many companies farm this out -  LarryNY on 1/25/23 8:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.