Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: How come SS sometimes make more than the Notary?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/15/23 2:15am Msg #644755
The only reason I can think of is because there are notaries who are sadly willing to accept assignments for that fee. (I certainly wouldn't - even for a small seller package.) I don't worry about what the SS is making or what's written on the ALTA, but for 200+ pgs with scan backs, I'd want more than double $75.

In this market it's tough to negotiate with existing clients, but it can be done with new clients. Good companies are still treating notaries fairly. I recommend anyone currently working for clients offering $75 fees for even simple signings - especially if you have lots of experience - get real busy marketing to title companies and signing up with 4-star and above companies in Signing Central. And if you're talking to a title co, start out asking for at least double that $75 fee! [Potential fees may depend on cost of living in your area.]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How come SS sometimes make more than the Notary? - Toni Cross on 3/14/23 11:38pm
 Re: How come SS sometimes make more than the Notary? -  JanetK_CA on 3/15/23 2:15am
 They're getting away with it because the notaries doing -  MW/VA on 3/15/23 2:12pm
 Re: They - PaigeTurner on 3/17/23 1:30pm
 Cuz the notary said yes to a way too low offer n/m - Lee/AR on 3/16/23 1:01pm
 ditto - PaigeTurner on 3/17/23 1:31pm
 Re: ditto - SteveS/CA on 3/18/23 1:53am
 Because they can. n/m - Clem/CA on 3/17/23 5:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.