Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Urgent Warning About a Scam Email Asking for Gift Cards
Posted by Matt Miller of CA on 4/3/23 2:44pm Msg #645029
Dear All,

I am writing to alert you about a recent scam email that was sent out to our community by someone posing as Matt Miller from the California League of Independent Notaries.

This fraudulent email claims to be asking for COVID relief funds for veterans in the form of gift cards donations. *See a copy of the email below. Please be aware that this is a phishing scam, and the perpetrators are attempting to steal your money and use it for illegal purposes.

It is essential to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to avoid falling prey to such fraudulent activities. Please do not respond to the email or provide any information to the sender. Also, do not click on any links or download any attachments that may be included in the email, as they may contain malware or viruses.

If you received such an email and have provided any information to the perpetrators, please report it to the appropriate local authorities immediately. Additionally, please inform us of any such incidents to help us raise awareness and prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Finally, I urge you to be cautious when receiving any unsolicited emails or phone calls, especially those that request donations in the form of gift cards. Always verify the authenticity of the sender before responding or sharing any information.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and please stay safe.

Best regards,

Matt Miller, President
The California League of Independent Notaries
415-448-7343

*Copy of the scam email:

"Hi,

How are you doing? I need your assistance and I've got credence in you to take care of this. I would have called your phone, but I'm out of town now and I do not have access to my mobile phone.

California League of Independent Notaries needs some gift cards or donations to assist Veterans at hospice care welfare with patients who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Every gift helps provide resources that will stabilize a Veteran and ensure a positive upward trajectory during this critical time.

I have decided to make it a personal duty and I'll be responsible for the reimbursement of cards bought. Kindly confirm if you can help out.

With gratitude,"
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Urgent Warning About a Scam Email Asking for Gift Cards - Matt Miller on 4/3/23 2:44pm
 Re: Urgent Warning About a Scam Email Asking for Gift Cards -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/3/23 3:07pm
 Sorry Matt. I hope that most people are aware of scams -  MW/VA on 4/4/23 8:47am
 Re: Sorry Matt. I hope that most people are aware of scams - pdl/cali on 4/4/23 2:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.