Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree with Linda & Lee to a certain degree
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 2/10/24 9:50am Msg #647741
I would agree that an AIF perhaps should not be put on the spot to swear (or affirm) as to the contents of a document (for a Jurat). However, in California, we are not allowed to determine which notarial certificate/act.

1. Acting as an NSA signing an AIF and a Jurat is provided for any document, it behooves us to contact hiring party or TC for their determination on the matter. If no one is available or they direct us to proceed with Jurat, my oath is as follows: Can you swear (or affirm) that what you've signed is true and correct to the best of your knowledge?

2. Acting as the every-day notary public, we can describe the difference of both the Acknowledgment and the Jurat and ask the signer to select. If after your description they still decide to proceed with Jurat, I would use the same oath as above in #1.

jmo
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question to The talented and knowledgeable notaries public - RickG/CA on 2/9/24 5:39pm
 Re: Question to The talented and knowledgeable notaries public - RickG/CA on 2/9/24 5:41pm
 Re: Question to The talented and knowledgeable notaries public - DaveCA/CA on 2/9/24 6:09pm
 Re: Question to The talented and knowledgeable notaries public - RickG/CA on 2/9/24 7:32pm
 It's my understanding that an AIF - Linda_H/FL on 2/9/24 10:17pm
 Agree with you & Linda. Answer is state-specific. - Lee/AR on 2/10/24 7:39am
 Agree with Linda & Lee to a certain degree -  Yoli/CA on 2/10/24 9:50am
 Re: Agree with Linda & Lee to a certain degree -  JanetK_CA on 2/10/24 5:39pm
 Re: Question to The talented and knowledgeable notaries public -  Expeditor on 2/21/24 6:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.