Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Strange...
Posted by  HisHughness of TX on 11/25/04 1:13am Msg #12003
Went to a signing yesterday. Second go-round for the borrower. He lives with the mother of his 3-year-old son; they aren't married. The house is his. First set of docs listed the live-in as his wife. The prior notary, after ascertaining the borrower's domestic situation, scratched out the live-in's name on the DOT, TIL, etc. (!). Title company sent me back for a re-sign. I covered three counties in three cities for four signings Wednesday; didn't have time to look at the docs before I went. We're merrily signing away when I come to two DOTs. On one, he is the only title holder. On the other, he and the live-in are listed as title holders and as husband and wife. There also was no grant deed from husband to husband and wife. The other three docs that normally require signatures from non-borrowing spouses also listed her. Anybody have any idea what was going through the murky depths of the document preparer's alleged mind?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Strange... -  HisHughness on 11/25/04 1:13am
 Re: Strange... - Jennifer on 11/25/04 2:32am
 Re: Strange... - Bob-Chicago on 11/25/04 3:26pm
 Re: Strange... -  HisHughness on 11/25/04 6:30pm
 Re: Strange... - Bob-Chicago on 11/26/04 7:10am
 Re: Strange... - Serina/VT on 11/27/04 6:25pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.