Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Notary America update
Posted by Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr of TX on 12/5/04 10:13pm Msg #12776
For what this is worth...

I am not sure how much I trust this information, but I thought I would pass it on to you guys anyway...

I just spoke to Melissa this evening, December 5, 2004 at 9:45 pm... According to my conversation with Melissa, who is Lisa's personal assistant, several bad things have happened in recent months that have led to the situation in which Southwest Notaries and Notary America find themselves. Apparently, Lisa's seven month old infant passed away and her manager and assistant manager quit. All the while a bank employee was embezzling money. Melissa says they are trying to sue the bank and all this, that and the other.

I told her that the biggest problem, in addition to non-payment, is the lack of communication and response. She said she would attempt to send out an E-mail tomorrow, Monday, December 6, 2004, explaining the situation and timeline. She thinks that they will begin paying notaries in the month of December, hopefully rendering most payments before December 31, but might not be done until January 15. Payments will be made by Cashier's check (certified funds).

I told her I would hold off my lawsuit until January 15, but that if I had not received payment by then, I would file suit against the company.

Well, this information is at least for what it is worth, of course, it might not be worth the air she breathed while telling me this story...

Let's just cross our fingers that she is telling the truth.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary America update - Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/5/04 10:13pm
 Re: Notary America update - CaliNotary on 12/5/04 11:04pm
 Re: Notary America update - Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/5/04 11:17pm
 Re: Notary America update - hoosiernotary on 12/7/04 1:39pm
 Re: Notary America update -  Joan Bergstrom on 12/6/04 12:01am
 Re: Notary America update - Paul_IL on 12/6/04 8:05pm
 Re: Notary America update - Paul_IL on 12/6/04 8:04pm
 Re: Notary America update - Mortgage Closers of San Antonio - Kenneth C Whitton Jr on 12/6/04 10:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.