Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Sounds like dating a man to me
Posted by LauraV of ? on 12/19/04 11:12amMsg #14093
This sounds much more like dating a man to me. Let's adjust:

About training -

(1) It takes a lot of time and patience to train a MAN to have good manners and to be able to pass the DATABLE MAN training course.

(2) When you leave the house (if HE are not invited) tell them you are going "OUT WITH THE GIRLS." That way they learn when you say "GIRLS" that HIM riding along is not an option. Pretty soon, the fight of getting out the door (once they are crate trained) does not happen and they know you are leaving but will come back.

They are very smart. Help them understand how long you will be gone so they won't get destructive. If you are only going to be gone a short while say "GIRLS" but also say you'll be back in "two minutes" so they know you will be home in a few minutes. If you will be gone several hours say "SHOPPING" so they know you are coming back after a long amount of time. They learn to react by words/actions & consequences.

When the MAN is allowed to go, I tell HIM "We have to go to *town.* Go find your *TIE.*"

(3) TIE training: MEN hate TIES at first. Put a light cheap one on HIM to wear around the house when HE'S walking well. That way HE is not afraid of it and won't fight it when you start having to put HIM on one to walk HIM.

(4) Show displeasure by not meeting HIS gaze. For instance, when I want mine to sit still while I put on HIS TIE to go for a walk, I hold the TIE and will not look at HIM while HE jumps around and SNAPS AT ME. When HE sits still and waits patiently I look at HIM, pet HIM, and then snap on HIS TIE. Use the "good gaze & praise" method to teach them good behavior.

I trained mine not to get into the KITCHEN while I was gone by saying "Look at this mess!" and not looking at HIM while I picked it up. After I finished cleaning it up, I would look very sad and not look at HIM while HE acted "cute" and happy to see me. After a minute I would sit down and call HIM to me to make up with HIM.

(5) Get a few small SLEDGE HAMMERS to softly toss *at* HIM when HE'S acting badly so that HE connects bad behavior with an unwelcome consequence.

(6) Never let HIM get in the habit of jumping on you so HE won't jump on OTHER WOMEN. (Use "NO!," fold your arms, and don't look at HIM when HE does it. Love on HIM when HE sits and waits for you to pet HIM.

(7) If you don't want HIM to beg FOR SEX while you are DATING, put HIM in HIS crate and say you have to go to *bed ALONE*. I am *SLEEPING.* AFTER THE WEDDING, HE'LL learn that "We are SLEEPING." means go get in your bed.

(8) MESSY BEER DRINKING training...I used modified crate training on mine. When you cannot watch them, you need to keep them in a crate to teach them about "going outside." Mine was ill when I got HIM, so my lap was part of HIS crate training (thus the "Modified"). I sat and held HIM a lot of the time. And then I took HIM out as soon as HE woke up. When they are small, put them in the crate when you have to leave the house so they don't find a nice little hidden patch in your home. Brag on HIM when HE does the right thing. Use a word while HE is doing the right thing so that as HE gets older, HE connects the word with what you want to get done right then (i.e., you are outside and it's freezing, but HE wants to prance around and SNIFF. Keep saying the word/words for BEER time and pretty soon they'll learn to perform upon command.)

The security part, and alarm barking, comes naturally.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Hi, Folks! -  HisHughness on 12/17/04 10:58pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - colorless/AZ on 12/17/04 11:14pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! -  BrendaTX on 12/17/04 11:17pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - colorless/AZ on 12/17/04 11:22pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! -  HisHughness on 12/17/04 11:25pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - Elizabeth Atwood on 12/18/04 12:34am
 Re: Hi, Folks! -  CarolynCO on 12/18/04 10:24am
 Re: Hi, Folks! o/t -  BrendaTX on 12/17/04 11:33pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! o/t - Maureen/nh on 12/18/04 11:14pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! o/t -  BrendaTX on 12/18/04 11:48pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - Charlotte Tx on 12/17/04 11:36pm
 Greetings From "Android" - ZARA L319 on 12/17/04 11:55pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - colorless/AZ on 12/17/04 11:47pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - CharlotteTX on 12/18/04 12:08am
 Re: Hi, Folks! - colorless/AZ on 12/18/04 12:23am
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) -  BrendaTX on 12/18/04 1:13pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) -  colorless_AZ on 12/18/04 2:06pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) -  BrendaTX on 12/18/04 2:13pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) - colorless/AZ on 12/18/04 2:17pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) - Jon on 12/18/04 9:49pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) - colorless/AZ on 12/18/04 10:15pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! (Notary Dog Training) -  BrendaTX on 12/18/04 11:08pm
 Sounds like dating a man to me - LauraV on 12/19/04 11:12am
 Laura...You are SOOOO bad LOL n/m -  BrendaTX on 12/19/04 11:22am
 I may not be an Aggie, but I DO have attitude! n/m - LauraV on 12/19/04 11:30am
 Re: Sounds like dating a man to me -  HisHughness on 12/19/04 2:45pm
 To Hugh - LauraV on 12/19/04 3:16pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! -  PAW Notary Services on 12/18/04 7:31am
 Now That's Funny! - Fay, CA on 12/18/04 1:01pm
 Re: Hi, Folks! - Charlotte TX on 12/18/04 8:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.