Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Maryland closings and e&o
Posted by  Loretta Reed of MD on 2/11/05 9:20am Msg #20205
I spoke with Brad Swanson from Chesapeake Insurance in Annapolis and also a title company this morning.
To do a closing in Maryland, not only do we have to have the bond, the Title Producers License and the notary commission, we must have E&O to cover our butts for the closing.
I tried to argue this point. Mr. Swanson's reply was that the title insurance companies i.e. Chicago Title, Lawyers Title are making us responsible and do not call us "notaries", we are settlement agents. We explain the HUD and we are liable. We will have to be appointed by each individual title insurance company in order to do their closings. I said, "I only explain their, HUD, Note, TIL, RTC, What do I have to do with the doc prep and how can I be accountable?" He said, "You are still explaining some part of the loan, you are responsible".
I said, "Endorse my policy and send me a bill".
Here we go again, another expense.
Now, even a title producer can be excluded from doing closings if they are not appointed by the insurance company. Look on the bright side, if the LTP does not follow through and get appointed, it will be more work for the rest of us.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 9:20am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Paul/MD on 2/11/05 9:30am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 9:39am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Art_MD on 2/11/05 10:06am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - John Charles Gober on 2/11/05 1:17pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 1:41pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 1:48pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 2:03pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Paul/MD on 2/11/05 5:57pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 6:14pm
 Re: Bonnie- where are you located in MD n/m - Art_MD on 2/11/05 2:00pm
 Re: Bonnie- where are you located in MD n/m - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 2:04pm
 Re: Bonnie- tnks- art_md - queens anne's n/m - Art_MD on 2/11/05 2:10pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - sue/pa on 2/11/05 3:05pm
 e&o - Shannon/Va on 2/11/05 7:32pm
 Re: e&o - Traci-MD on 2/11/05 9:17pm
 Re: e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/12/05 8:19am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.