Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: My Mistake!
Posted by Mysti_FL of FL on 5/14/05 1:09pm Msg #37793
Sylvia, I made an error, but didn't know how to correct.

I took a job (never again) 2 1/2 hours away from me and it was an 8:00 PM closing. When I get there, the gentleman had left his ID in his "niece's car which is in Miami". I went ahead and signed all the docs, since I was there and he said he would fax a copy to me by 4:00 the next day because I had to send off docs. He had no other ID short of his Social Security Card, but nothing with a picture.

Next day I called him twice and each time he states that he has been unable to get hold of his niece and that he is still trying. I sent the docs off at 6:00 PM after including a note advising he was not able to prove who he was.

Now what???? Did I blow it big time? Should I have just left and not done the closing after driving this long distance. I make the mistake of not reminding him to have his license with him, thinking everyone would have it on them!!!!

Mysti
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ID question - nancy in florida on 5/12/05 9:37pm
 Re: ID question - Sylvia_FL on 5/13/05 12:21am
 Re: ID question - ts/ca on 5/13/05 2:51pm
 Re: My Mistake! - Mysti_FL on 5/14/05 1:09pm
 Re: ID question - ernest3 on 5/15/05 12:04pm
 Re: ID question - Nancy in Florida on 5/17/05 11:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.