Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing.
Posted by calipat/ca of ? on 5/15/05 2:21pm Msg #37959
Yes you are right I would make the SS know.
Also if a borrower is drunk he should not be signing loan docs at all...even if he wants to.
I had a situation where the borrower was drinking and I knew he was drunk as he was slurring his words a bit. I told him and his wife I could not sign them as he was drinking ( I did not say drunk). They stlll wanted to, but I told them I was not comfortable with him signing. So I left. I went back the next day and he was very apologetic about the night before. He also thanked me for not having him sign. There were a couple of problems on the loan and he said he was the one dealing with it and he would have never caught it nor would his wife.
Everything went well and title company was glad he did not sign the previous night.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 12:54pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - BrendaTx on 5/15/05 1:16pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 1:26pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - BrendaTx on 5/15/05 1:54pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - PA Notary on 5/15/05 1:56pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 2:03pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - calipat/ca on 5/15/05 2:21pm
 Re: First time I have been uncomfortable at a signing. - ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 2:29pm
 Holy Crap! - Frank Romano NY on 5/16/05 3:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.