Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Just because your printer may support it ...
Posted by  PAW of FL on 1/12/10 1:50pm Msg #317746
... doesn't necessarily mean it is installed. Many printers come with an assortment of drivers: PCL6, PCL5e and PostScript (PS). However, if you do a default or recommended installation of the printer, chances are only the PCL6 driver is actually installed.

Every time you install a printer, a driver must also be installed. For each printer/driver combination, you should see a separate entry in the printer list when selecting "Print" from an application menu. For example, if I click on "Print", the default printer is selected. Clicking on the drop-down arrow (next to the box showing the default printer name) you should see something similar to:

Adobe PDF
hp Laserjet 1300 PCL6

Now, if all three printer drivers were installed, the list would look like:

Adobe PDF
hp Laserjet 1300 PCL5e
hp Laserjet 1300 PCL6
hp Laserjet 1300 PS

The last entry in the above list, is the PostScript driver configuration.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Post script driver on printer - Linda Juenger on 1/12/10 9:59am
 Re: Post script driver on printer -  jba/fl on 1/12/10 10:39am
 Here's a link I found to the specs on your printer... -  trnsa_IL on 1/12/10 10:41am
 Re: Here's a link I found to the specs on your printer... - Linda Juenger on 1/12/10 10:48am
 Re: Here's a link I found to the specs on your printer... -  trnsa_IL on 1/12/10 10:52am
 Re: Here's a link I found to the specs on your printer... - Linda Juenger on 1/12/10 11:02am
 Re: If I recall correctly...big IF - RickG/CA on 1/12/10 12:57pm
 Just because your printer may support it ... -  PAW on 1/12/10 1:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.