Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

PrevNextFirstLast SearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #75207

0 replies
The Tulsa rally continues to claim victims
By MikeC/TX on 7/2/20 4:34pm

Multiple Trump staffers who were on the ground prior to the rally tested positive. Others have been quarantined after the rally. The City of Tulsa tested about 500 people in the past few days, and although it's not clear how many were at the rally, 100% of those tests came back positive.

And today we learned that 74-year-old Herman Cain, the former Presidential candidate who was at the rally and posed for pictures with a bunch of unmasked people who were in close contact with each other, has been hospitalized with COVID-19 10 days later. So Herm carried the virus from Tulsa to Atlanta and probably infected others in the process.

Wear. A. Mask. And distance yourself from others when you're out. Stay at home as much as you can. That's the only way we can get a handle on this thing until there is a vaccine.

Msg #75201

7 replies
Well, what havv we here? n/m
By bagger on 7/2/20 3:33pm

Msg #75198

5 replies
It just keeps getting worse
By HisHughness on 6/30/20 7:40am

Trump received a written briefing Feb. 27 -- four months ago -- that Russia was paying a bounty for killing American soldiers in Afghanistan. Either he did not read it, which makes him incompetent, or he read it and refused to act, which makes him a treasonous bag of slag willing to sacrifice American soldiers' lives to appease his pal Putin.

I am gobsmacked that anybody would continue to support this sleazeball after such a revelation.

Msg #75172

18 replies
I have a question . .
By HisHughness on 6/27/20 8:11pm

. . . for the Trumpeteers on the forum. This is not intended to spark debate, and I do not intend to respond to any posts. I am truly just puzzled.

The individual mandate, with its supposed governmental overreach, is long gone. Why would Republicans care, at this point, whether Obamacare is repealed?

Msg #75171

0 replies
For those who haven't seen it yet, check-out Mrs. America
By SC/CA on 6/27/20 7:23pm

on Hulu. It is outstanding. It’s about the women’s movement in the 1970’s and the ERA. Both the acting and the content are superb. Cate Blanchette is fantastic, as is the entire cast.

Msg #75160

6 replies
Hugh, RE: Msg #74707, history begs to differ with you...
By Moneyman/TX on 6/27/20 8:36am

I haven't been on here in a while so I have been catching up on some of the past postings when I ran across your "Joe" post Msg #74707

Just wanted to point out a few things that you seem to be confused about as your version of "history" regarding certain aspects within the script of your one act play.

1) Hugh's Version (HV): "The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards."

Actual History (AH): That "tree-hugging liberal" was actually Richard Nixon, the Republican president
"...President Richard Nixon presented the House and Senate a groundbreaking 37-point message on the environment. These points included:" http://www.epa.gov/history/origins-epa

2) HV: "His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised."

AH: Once again, that "stupid commie liberal" would be the Republican president, Theodore Roosevelt, and a majority Republican House & Senate (the 59th U.S. Congress).

The 1906 Pure Food and Drug Act and creation of the FDA
"In June 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt signed into law the Food and Drug Act, also known as the "Wiley Act" after its chief advocate.[1] The Act prohibited ... the interstate transport of food which had been "adulterated," with that term referring to the addition of fillers of reduced "quality or strength," coloring to conceal "damage or inferiority," formulation with additives "injurious to health," or the use of "filthy, decomposed, or putrid" substances. The act applied similar penalties to the interstate marketing of "adulterated" drugs ..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Food_and_Drug_Administration

3) HV: "...Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled ...because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body ..."

AH: SEE #2 AH section
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Food_and_Drug_Administration

4) HV: "Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to reduce industry pollution in our air."

AH: SEE #1 AH section
http://www.epa.gov/history/origins-epa

5) HV: "retirement (plans)"

AH: I hate to break it to you, Hugh, but the first retirement plans were actually started by those evil and greedy private businesses. In fact, the companies back then usually shouldered the entire burden of funding them rather than the type of retirement plans we have today where the employee is mostly responsible for funding their own retirement plans with the businesses typically kicking in a small matching %. "In 1875, The American Express Co. created the first private pension plan in the U.S...."
http://www.workforce.com/news/the-history-of-retirement-benefits

6) HV: "He (radio talk show host) doesn't mention that the beloved Conservatives have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day."

(Oh, I think I might have to refer to one of those "pants on fire" scales to rate the truthfulness of this one, Hugh.)

AH: SEE * EVERY * AH (#'s 1-5) & the corresponding links above.

To be fair, you did correctly attribute some of the benefits you listed. It is the areas where you tapped into your revisionist history 'Mark Twain' creative imagination writing persona that I felt should pointed out.

If you would care to respond, I would enjoy hearing from you my friend.
However, should you be tempted to claim one of those false "but the parties have swapped" type of arguments, please remember that Nixon is included in the above list. Also, it should be noted that every Democratic president from Kennedy, LBJ, and Carter refused to ensure that the black White House staff received the same pay as their white counterparts when the pay difference was brought to their attention. It was the Republican Ronald Regan who would not stand for such discrimination and immediately rectified the unfair low pay situation for the black staff at the WH.
For reference see the movie -- Lee Daniels' The Butler (2013) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1327773/

Once again, for the record, my political beliefs are closer in line with Libertarians. I just can't stand the constant distortion of the actual record and history in order to fit a false narrative.

Msg #75155

3 replies
Russia paid bounties to Afghan militants...
By MikeC/TX on 6/26/20 6:38pm

.. for killing US troops. And Trump has known about it for several months.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-taliban-money-kill-us-troops-afghanistan-2020-6

Not only has he done nothing about it, but AFTER the intelligence was received he again said he wanted to invite Russia back into the G-7.

He uses our military as political props but really doesn't care about them. The only reason this is not treason is that we are not at war with Russia.

But it raises the question again - why is Trump so deferential to Russia and so dismissive of our allies? What does Putin have on him?

Msg #75146

5 replies
What's the difference between jokingly and sarcastically?
By  Yoli/CA on 6/26/20 12:04pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-push-for-less-coronavirus-testing-was-sarcasm/ar-BB15YZZz?li=BBnb7Kz

Msg #75141

12 replies
Trump says the coronavirus is going away
By MikeC/TX on 6/25/20 6:15pm

It's not. Here in TX hospitals are near capacity because of the surge in new cases. The ICU at Texas Medical Center in Houston, which might be the largest medical center in the world, is now at full capacity. The problem is that the state re-opened too early, and people are not observing the necessary precautions.

Our governor announced restrictions on elective surgery to free up hospital beds and has stopped the reopening for now - businesses that were allowed to re-open can still operate, but no other businesses can re-open.

Here in Tarrant County, an order went into effect that as of 6 PM Friday, all businesses that deal with the public must require employees and customers to wear facemasks, at least through Aug 3. In true Texas fashion, one of my neighboring towns with a large libertarian population said they will not enforce the order. Apparently, for them, it's better to die gasping for breath than to put on a mask and protect yourself and those around you. I will not be shopping there in the near future.

Trump desperately needs this virus to go away, but it's not going anywhere. That doesn't stop him from trying to gaslight Americans that he has everything under control. He doesn't. The fact is that he has lost interest in the pandemic and is more concerned about his re-election. An event that right now does not seem possible unless something changes dramatically

Msg #75137

1 replies
Even the tree is disavowing this rotten apple
By HisHughness on 6/24/20 9:48pm

The George Washington Law School faculty has called upon Congress to censure Atty.Gen. William Barr, for the inspector general to investigate him, and for Barr to resign. Barr graduated from George Washington in 1977, served on its board of advisors, and has been honored by the school.

The letter was signed by 80% of the faculty, who included Democrats, Republicans, and independents.

MAGA.

Msg #75110

14 replies
Finally
By bagger on 6/23/20 9:19am

The Ding Dong Ditz of a mayor sees the light, and will allow the police to do their jobs.
http://www.yahoo.com/news/another-shooting-seattle-protest-zone-075940848.html

I guess her symbol of love and peace just got violent.
The ANTiFA movement shot two people, stabbed another and wouldn't allow police near to aid.
Proud to be an ANTIFA sponsor you lefties?

Msg #75101

5 replies
The Lincoln Project
By MikeC/TX on 6/22/20 5:32pm

This group does some great anti-Trump ads, but this is the funniest one I've ever seen. Make sure you turn the sound on because it defaults to sound off...

http://twitter.com/i/status/1275042854537134080

Msg #75091

4 replies
Hmmm, if Antifa is just a movement?
By bagger on 6/22/20 12:45pm

Why can you go to their website, download an application, and get a job with them?
Sounds fairly organized to me.
if they can pay for employees, where is there income source?
Follow the money, Commie lefty's.

Msg #75069

16 replies
Watching th Tulsa rally
By MikeC/TX on 6/20/20 6:53pm

The arena is half-full. 800 million supposedly requested tickets, much less than 19,000 showed up.

Epic fail. Even the Trump cult won't risk being infected.

Msg #75067

12 replies
Getting things off on the right foot
By MikeC/TX on 6/20/20 4:09pm

Six members of Trump's campaign rally advance-team in Tulsa tested positive for COVID-19 today - a portent of things to come for the Trump death cult?

I watched some of the footage today of rally participants outside the arena - hardly anyone in the crowd was wearing a mask, and of course, no one was practicing social distancing. Rally staff will be handing out masks and hand sanitizer as the crowd files into the arena, but masks aren't mandatory and a mask doesn't do any good when it's in your pocket - if they're not wearing them outdoors in a crowd, they probably won't wear them indoors either.

The current infection rate, based on testing, is about 6.4%. There will be 19,000 in that arena tonight, with several thousand more outside. Based on the infection rate, it's possible that over 1200 people will be infected tonight just inside the arena.

Msg #75057

23 replies
Time to stop worrying about Antifa and start worrying about
By MikeC/TX on 6/19/20 5:30pm

... the Boogaloo movement. If you haven't heard of them, you will. They are an extreme right-wing group that is intent on bringing on a second Civil War. Some are white supremacists, some are anti-government. They've posed as Antifa in some recent protests, and three members of the movement are currently under arrest for murdering two federal law enforcement officers.

Right now, DHS is on alert because of a potential threat to DC. Boogaloo is still a small movement, but they are well-armed and not shy about using their guns. Take some time to educate yourself about the threat they pose. This should get you started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogaloo_movement

Msg #75039

14 replies
FB and Twitter both flag Trump
By  sigtogo/OR on 6/19/20 12:19pm

"...something significant happened today on social media: Twitter and Facebook both flagged the president’s publicity. Trump shared an ad that seems to show a black toddler (misspelled “todler” in the fake CNN chyron in the shot) running from a “racist baby” who is “probably a Trump voter,” then reveals “what actually happened,” a backstory showing the two children hugging in a joyous reunion before running off together, as shown in the original cut, which came from a viral video a few months old. The implication is that the recent emphasis on white racism is manufactured outrage by people with a political agenda. “America is not the problem,” the ad reads. “Fake news is.”

Twitter slapped a “Manipulated media” warning on the tweet."

http://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/june-18-2020

Msg #75038

4 replies
Trumps Nazi Facebook post
By  sigtogo/OR on 6/19/20 12:17pm

"The Trump campaign also published on Facebook an ad with images of a red triangle that mirrored the patches Nazis used to mark political prisoners in concentration camps. The ads apparently ran 88 times—88 is code for Heil Hitler-- and Facebook later removed the ads for promoting “organized hate.”

Parker Molloy, editor at Media Matters, noted that this sort of dog whistle is designed to attract like-minded racists, but also to make opponents seem “paranoid, easily offended, and see Nazis everywhere they look.” She also suggested that this was a deliberate attempt to avoid having to pay for more ads because media would pick up the story and run with it. “It’s expensive to run ads,” she wrote, “but media coverage is free.” She noted that it’s far cheaper to run something offensive, get banned, and then cry “censorship--” which feeds the right-wing’s existing narrative-- than it is to pay for ads.

So it was a chaotic day, and a confusing one, but the fact that the Trump campaign is openly sharing Nazi symbols suggests that the lines of the election are becoming very clear indeed."

I heard about this on PBS news hour last night. this quote is from Heather Cox Richardson, history prof, letter to America. http://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/june-18-2020

Msg #75034

0 replies
Juneteenth marches. We may be in for an intense weekend
By  sigtogo/OR on 6/18/20 11:45pm

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=planned+marches+for+juneteenth&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Msg #75024

3 replies
FEMA thought they were getting test tubes for COVID testing
By MikeC/TX on 6/18/20 5:47pm

What they actually got were little soda bottles that are unusable, and they have so far paid over $7 million for them. The company supplying them was created by a grifter only a few days before the contract was awarded.

Your tax dollars at work...

http://www.propublica.org/article/the-trump-administration-paid-millions-for-test-tubes-and-got-unusable-mini-soda-bottles?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations&utm_content=feature

PrevNextFirstLast SearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.