Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: More benefits for Trump than her ...
Posted by NK_UT of UT on 1/1/20 1:16pm Msg #73062
I don't like the "Mitch McConnell" defense. McConnell has a ludicrously low approval rating. Obviously people, Republicans and Democrats alike, aren't satisfied with his performance. Simply saying "but what about Mitch" doesn't absolve the House of its actions over the past few years obstructing the president in fulfilling his duties. If we want to play that game, then why not bring up Pelosi and the absolute state of crisis in her district? Or how about her own extremely low approval rating? With these in mind, is she fit to govern? How about the fact that she said on live TV that in districts like hers a glass of water with a D on it could get elected, implying that people like her and AOC don't need to perform in order to get elected? With an attitude like that, is it acceptable for her to be in a position of power? Or any other career politician, regardless of party affiliation?

I hate getting into politics with colleagues. I find it tends to color other interactions when people disagree politically, but I just want to ask if those who support the impeachment of Trump are also willing to support investigations into the Bidens for their actions? If not, then why?

Setting aside Hunter Biden's dealings in Ukraine and China, there is still the infamous video of Biden bragging about doing exactly what they accuse Trump of doing. While seated with the CFR, he brags about not giving promised aid to Ukraine unless they remove the investigator that was looking Burisma corruption. How does that differ from what Trump is accused of, aside from there being actual first-hand evidence of the man admitting to it, rather than through-the-grape-vine accusations base on opinion and conjecture?

This is the first time in US history where impeachment of a president has taken place (partial impeachment, as no impeachment has occurred until it has been sent to the Senate) without any statutory crimes having been committed. Regardless of how partisan one may be, and regardless of how you feel about Trump, you absolutely should NOT support this impeachment. What precident is this setting for the future? How about the division it's causing within American society? Are these things unimportant?

All any of these arguments prove is that our government is no longer working for us, and instead it is working in its own self-interest. That is something that NO American should tolerate. Period. Regardless of political affiliation.

I hate seeing this sort of partisanship. I'll tell you straight up that I am a Trump supporter. Why? Because of his stances on immigration and China. I lived in China for a long time. I love China, it's my second home, but the government there has taken a hard turn back towards aggressive, militant communism and within China they openly admit that their goal is to destabilize the US in order for them to take control of world affairs. Furthermore, it's time that people wake up the the way that China is influencing US law and how we are able to express our rights. As for immigration, I know that it would be tempting for some to call me a racist or other such nonsense for seeing the state of our borders and thinking we should do something about it. I spent my entire adult life as an immigrant in several countries. My wife is an immigrant to the US. I can tell you with absolute certainty that our immigration system is in a state of complete and utter crisis. Even if you think immigration is good for the US, unchecked, uncontrolled immigration is highly destabilizing and its causing immense suffering to lower-class Americans who now have to compete for unskilled employment.

I don't care about arguments relating to past US actions. I care about the here and now, and how it's affecting my family and community. I care the fact that every single Democrat candidate on that debate stage raised their hand when asked if they would give healthcare to illegal immigrants on MY tax dollar. I care about the fact that I am being priced out of buying a house in my own home state because of an influx of foreign money. I care about the dissolution of the American community, language, and culture.

You may think that Trump is boorish, vulgar, and arrogant, but that doesn't make him wrong. At least on these two things. Add to that the fact that we are undergoing the longest economic expansion in living memory under his deregulation regime, and obviously he's doing something right. Arguments about his character or his treatment of foreign countries take a far distant back seat compared to what I see happening to my family, my neighborhood, my city, and my nation. It took me years and years of living as a foreign immigrant in other countries to realize the value in this. I for one am glad to see a president that is putting America first. If your agument is that he's using the office to enrich himself, I'm willing to listen to your point of view. But, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I just have no seen that evidence coming from the other side.

By the way. Prior to the 2016 election cycle, I was a staunch Democrat. Now I'm independent. Go figure.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 One of the benefits of Pelosi holding off... - MikeC/TX on 12/21/19 5:18pm
 More benefits for Trump than her ... - Moneyman/TX on 12/24/19 9:12am
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - MikeC/TX on 12/26/19 5:03pm
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - HisHughness on 12/27/19 12:54pm
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - NK_UT on 1/1/20 1:16pm
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - MikeC/TX on 1/1/20 6:29pm
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - NK_UT on 1/1/20 7:17pm
 Re: More benefits for Trump than her ... - MikeC/TX on 1/3/20 6:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.