Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Someone explain this to me
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/7/23 6:17pm Msg #82893
You all know that, in my opinion, it's always the gun that is responsible for the murder of innocents. Many of you disagree, coming up with all sorts of fantastical reasons why it's not the gun, but something wrong with the shooter. The idea of removing the gun from the situation never seems to gain traction with you, so I won't continue to beat that horse.

So let's go with your theory. If you truly and deeply believe in your heart that the major cause of mass shootings is mental illness, why would anyone resist passing legislation that takes the guns out of the hands of mentally ill people?

That is EXACTLY what Gov. Greg Abbot is doing here in TX - he refuses to consider any additional gun control legislation after this latest massacre while insisting it's a mental health problem, and then refusing to do anything to address the mental health problem.

It ain't gonna fix itself, Greg. You can't pray the problem away. You were elected to lead the state; either lead or get the hell out of the way so someone more qualified than you can lead. Take your useless hopes and meaningless prayers and shove them - the people of Texas want solutions, not your fake Christian theology.

I don't know about other states, but here in TX you can can strap a fully loaded AR-15 to your back and walk through a crowd on Main Street, and the police are PROHIBITED from stopping you to ask you questions about what you're doing. Think about this - the shooter in Allen, TX yesterday BY LAW could not be approached by police until he actually began firing his weapon. Even if police saw him bring the weapon with him into the mall, they were PROHIBITED by law from questioning his intentions. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thank you, Greg Abbot. The blood of these latest victims is once again on YOUR hands.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/7/23 6:17pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  Yoli/CA on 5/8/23 12:00pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/8/23 3:10pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - SC/CA on 5/9/23 11:21am
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/9/23 5:04pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/9/23 10:21pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/10/23 6:34pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/12/23 8:05pm
 Let's hear your answer - PaigeTurner on 6/17/23 12:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.