Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Let's hear your answer
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 6/17/23 12:52pm Msg #82945
Let's go with you that guns kill people, not people kill people. That's a fair statement. Without a gun, they would use a knife or bomb, but it's the gun you have an issue with not the person's intentions behind it. Just the weapon.

How do you want to remove the hundreds of millions of guns out there?
Only Way...
Let's rewrite the Constitution and take out the 2nd Amendment and make anyone other than law enforcement be arrested for owning or being in possession of a firearm. No exceptions. They can search your home, work or auto-looking at any time. Get caught? Automatic 10 years.
If you want to go hunting you need to rent one with a BGC, and your permit, $$$ and turn it in at the end of the day or week, just like renting a U-Haul or they arrest you. The police run an armory and check them out like a library book with an assigned number of bullets with a serial number so they can trace the bullet that kills someone and you are locked up for life.

That seems about as likely as it is to screen every person to see if they pass a mental illness test. If you fail, it'll cost you all your guns and bankrupt you by paying for counseling, meanwhile losing your job and your life as you know it. Then we have to make a standard competency test mandatory every year, perhaps on your birthday before you can renew your DL registration. We also have to make it non-discriminatory against race, religion, or priors.

How do we do that?
One is about as insane as the others.

Other countries do have bans on firearms, why? Because they do not have a constitution or the democracy we have.

We have 3 solutions.

1. Accept it and live your life accordingly. Stop attending large gatherings, attending mass celebrations, and arm the schools just like a bank...we have to change in this world we now live in, and more so our choices.
Stop announcing to the public the shooter's name or his picture, and assign a number so they are never famous dead or alive. Look how all the major serial killers went down being famous and even had followers no matter the weapon of choice. No reason to fuel the fame (flame). Reduce the killer to less than nothing, so in the end there is no justification for killing anyone.

2. Rewrite the Constitution and make it match current-day issues, affairs, and technology. In my opinion, we are 75 past due for that. Now we have AI, perhaps higher intelligence has the solution to this, we as humans and our pea brains cannot come together to fix this or make the constitution apply to today's problems.

3. Spend trillions of dollars screening each and every person each year starting at 10 years old and hope to heaven they don't have a mental breakdown in between those dates that want to end their life or go down in infamy doing so. If someone wants to do harm, kill someone or take their life, a gun isn't the only means to an end.

What's your answer? Which of the following do you think needs to be done, accept it, make a change, if so, how, or move to a country that bans guns? Complaining and whining about it doesn't do anything, and more people getting killed doesn't matter, people don't care anymore and not even getting announced as breaking news when it does happen. What's the solution?

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/7/23 6:17pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  Yoli/CA on 5/8/23 12:00pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/8/23 3:10pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - SC/CA on 5/9/23 11:21am
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/9/23 5:04pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/9/23 10:21pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/10/23 6:34pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/12/23 8:05pm
 Let's hear your answer - PaigeTurner on 6/17/23 12:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.