Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Getting things off on the right foot
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/24/20 5:15pm Msg #75136
"Increased testing does drive up the reported numbers, how could it not?"

If you are only reporting based on the testing, then yes, increased testing MIGHT drive up the numbers - there are areas where testing has increased but the number of positives has been low, which is ideally what you want because it indicates that containment efforts are working.

The reported numbers also include hospitalizations where the virus is suspected but not confirmed until after the fact.

On the rare times when I venture out, I've noticed that most people are not wearing masks or practicing social distancing. In my area alone, there are 7 bars that have had their licenses suspended for not complying with restrictions on occupancy; people are just not paying any attention to the pandemic.

As a result, reported cases are surging daily here in Texas. Our local paper took the unusual step of putting their editorial above the fold on page 1, and the headline was "Just wear a mask!" I don't think it's distrust of the media, I think it's due to lukewarm messaging from our leadership at both the state and federal level - the attitude now seems to be that if we pretend it's not a problem, it will just go away. It's not going away; at this rate, we'll have 150,000 dead before the end of July.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Getting things off on the right foot - MikeC/TX on 6/20/20 4:09pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - Luckydog on 6/20/20 7:07pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot -  JanetK_CA on 6/21/20 2:10am
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - MikeC/TX on 6/21/20 4:03pm
 ha, if you led with that I wouldn n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 6/20/20 11:37pm
 ha, if you led with that I wouldn't have posted above :) n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 6/20/20 11:37pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - shooterclay on 6/22/20 5:03pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - MikeC/TX on 6/22/20 6:00pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - shooterclay on 6/23/20 3:57pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - MikeC/TX on 6/23/20 4:39pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - shooterclay on 6/24/20 1:40pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - MikeC/TX on 6/24/20 5:15pm
 Re: Getting things off on the right foot - shooterclay on 6/25/20 6:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.