Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: nothing to do with entitlement. while I wouldn
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 6/6/19 7:51am Msg #72534
Sigtogo, that's just it, her outrage does not entitle her to take the actions she did.

If she was so outraged that she felt compelled to make her outrage known she could have entered into a discussion with them to voice her disapproval, she could have protested them, or she could have done exactly what the cop suggested - walk away and avoid them while they were having their event. There was nothing in the video clip that suggested that this group had any doctored or inaccurate photos or videos which you attribute as possible mitigating reasons which, in your mind, would make her actions acceptable, or understandable.

Her reaction to the police "allowing" them to have their event and protecting their rights to free speech does indeed betray her entitlement mentality. She disagrees with them, therefore, in her mind, they have no free speech rights and she should not have to endure even seeing them.

"... yes a woman can be pro life and pro choice." Not a question I had Wink That specific issue is a very complex one and is not nearly as pro this or anti that as many want to believe it is.

My OP was specifically not aimed at discussing that topic because I don't normally join in discussions on that specific topic. My personal beliefs are similar to Hugh's (with respect to the father having a say) and most people debating the topic are unwilling to allow for opinions that are not 100% on the pro choice or pro life far ends of the spectrum.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 She got exactly what she deserved - Moneyman/TX on 5/25/19 7:30am
 Re: She got exactly what she deserved - MikeC/TX on 5/25/19 5:25pm
 Re: She got exactly what she deserved - Moneyman/TX on 5/26/19 8:51pm
 BINGO! n/m - bagger on 5/27/19 8:13am
 nothing to do with entitlement. while I wouldn't have done - sigtogo/OR on 5/26/19 10:15pm
 What a bunch of BS! - bagger on 5/27/19 8:16am
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - MikeC/TX on 5/28/19 7:34pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - HisHughness on 5/29/19 1:07pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - MikeC/TX on 5/29/19 6:37pm
 I usually stay out of this room...but - Linda_H/FL on 5/31/19 9:31am
 Guess I should have finished..lol - Linda_H/FL on 5/31/19 9:33am
 Re: Guess I should have finished..lol - MikeC/TX on 6/2/19 5:24pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - HisHughness on 5/31/19 10:35am
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - bagger on 5/31/19 2:31pm
 I agree with Hugh. n/m - desktopfull on 6/17/19 11:03am
 Oh, where to begin? - bagger on 5/31/19 2:24pm
 Re: Oh, where to begin? - MikeC/TX on 6/2/19 7:20pm
 Re: nothing to do with entitlement. while I wouldn - Moneyman/TX on 6/6/19 7:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.