Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Overstuffed penguin?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/8/19 5:07pm Msg #72543
I am very aware that Trump doesn't buy ties made in Italy - his ties, like just about everything else manufactured and carrying his brand, are made in China. Ties come in varying lengths - an "Italian tie" is a reference to ties that are longer, not necessarily Italian-made ties. The Italian knot is needed to make these tie fall properly. As you noted, if you use a half-Windsor knot on a long tie, you get a tie with a front blade hanging well below your belt - which is what Trump does. The Italian knot is not sloppy if you do it right.

I'm also tall. Back in the day when I still had to wear ties, I usually bought longer ties because the standard ones sold in a men's department simply wouldn't fit right on me. I learned how to tie an Italian knot, and I never had to flip my tie over my shoulder in the men's room just to keep it out of the way...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Overstuffed penguin? - BearPaw/CO on 6/5/19 12:53am
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - MikeC/TX on 6/5/19 6:52pm
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - bagger on 6/7/19 10:03am
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - Yoli/CA on 6/7/19 10:30am
 Ask Me About My Giraffe... - Bear900/CA on 6/7/19 4:45pm
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - MikeC/TX on 6/8/19 5:07pm
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - MikeC/TX on 6/8/19 7:09pm
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - HisHughness on 6/9/19 4:23pm
 Re: Overstuffed penguin? - MikeC/TX on 6/9/19 5:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.