Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Divided or United?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/30/19 6:59pm Msg #73059
Unless I'm more confused than usual, this case was decided a year ago, and most internet sales are already being taxed according to where the item is being delivered (which can be a nightmare, considering that there are over 12,000 taxing districts).

I guess the question is - how many states tax services, which services do they tax, and can it be considered a "sales tax"? South Dakota v Wayfair only dealt with the sale of a physical product across state lines; a service is not a physical product. I can see the argument that "if we can collect some of our taxes across state borders, we can collect all of them", but I'm not sure that would fly with SCOTUS.

Interesting question, though...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Divided or United? - ArtG/KS on 12/30/19 4:50pm
 Re: Divided or United? - MikeC/TX on 12/30/19 6:59pm
 Re: Divided or United? - NK_UT on 1/1/20 12:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.