Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: They dance with President Trump
Posted by HisHughness of TX on 1/21/20 6:18pm Msg #73117
As far as I know, every single one of the 50 states elects both its executive officers and its legislative members by popular vote, along with their federal representatives for both the Senate and the House. That is a democracy. The same states choose their electors to the Electoral College by popular vote. Now, I spent most of my professional life "reporting" for those "news" organizations, so I may not be as well grounded in the nuances of the language as NIK_UT, but when all but two publicly elected officers are chosen by popular vote, that sounds a lot like a democracy to me.

Let me hasten to add that I have been wrong before, though. I once learned that a woman from whom I had accepted a dinner invitation was a Trump Republican. Lesson learned for both of us.

I learned to be more selective in screening my dates. She learned that far right conservatives shouldn't expect welfare coddling when it comes time to pick up the check if they're the ones doing the inviting.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 They dance with President Trump - CorpJen on 1/12/20 7:32am
 Re: They dance with President Trump -  Yoli/CA on 1/12/20 9:54am
 Re: They dance with President Trump - Luckydog on 1/12/20 10:20am
 Re: They dance with President Trump - MikeC/TX on 1/12/20 5:12pm
 Re: They dance with President Trump - NK_UT on 1/15/20 9:36pm
 Re: They dance with President Trump - HisHughness on 1/16/20 12:36pm
 Re: They dance with President Trump - MikeC/TX on 1/16/20 5:26pm
 Re: They dance with President Trump - NK_UT on 1/21/20 3:22pm
 Re: They dance with President Trump - HisHughness on 1/21/20 6:18pm
 CorpJen -  PegiT_MN on 1/23/20 10:07am
 Re: CorpJen - NK_UT on 1/24/20 12:15am
 NK_UT -  PegiT_MN on 1/25/20 9:28am
 Re: NK_UT - NK_UT on 1/25/20 11:34am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.