Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Try this one, I've posted it before
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 4/6/20 9:45am Msg #73795
http://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

To me, this one (above) not only seems easier to search for info on specific outlets than the one in the OP, but it also seems to be much clearer and open when it comes to explaining why/how they rate sources as they do. IMO, overall, it also appears to be a lot closer to reality in terms of the accurate labeling the media outlets it reviews.

Just because an outlet is known to be biased right or left doesn't necessarily mean that a report should be dismissed out of hand; It just makes it easier to see why one aspect of the story might be highlighted more or less in that factual report.

Just a quick viewing of the site linked in the OP, it appears that it consistently rates anything it considers to be left (on any level) to automatically be considered more "reliable", due to the higher "reliable" number they assign, while anything it considers to be right (again, on any level) to be less reliable, even if the report it is "reviewing" is 100% accurate, even by its own ratings. At least this is what I saw when I looked at the site.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Have you checked for bias before posting? good idea, right? -  sigtogo/OR on 4/3/20 5:36pm
 Re: Have you checked for bias before posting? good idea, right? - shooterclay on 4/3/20 6:17pm
 Re: Have you checked for bias before posting? good idea, right? - MikeC/TX on 4/3/20 7:29pm
 Re: Have you checked for bias before posting? good idea, right? - shooterclay on 4/3/20 7:55pm
 Re: Have you checked for bias before posting? good idea, right? - bagger on 4/4/20 2:01pm
 Try this one, I've posted it before - Moneyman/TX on 4/6/20 9:45am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.