Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Mike & Sigoto; Don
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/27/20 5:51pm Msg #75167
In reviewing the link you posted, I noticed two things:

1) Almost all of it was about Antifa in Europe, not in the US. I don't care what Europe is doing or did do - my concern is what's happening here.
2) Almost all of the images showed the red triangle as an element of a larger graphic, as opposed to the Trump campaign's contention that this WAS the graphic being used.

There is absolutely no doubt that the inverted red triangle was used to identify political prisoners in the Nazi concentration camps. The Nazis were fascists; Antifa by definition is opposed to fascism. As I went through the images in the link you posted, it became obvious that the graphics often suggested the destruction of that symbol rather than the glorification of it.

Hers's a point and this is important - there is no organization called "Antifa" - it is a very loose coalition of groups and individuals opposed to fascism, operating under the umbrella of that name. There's no central leadership, no chain of command, no coordination, no membership cards, no lapel pins, no uniforms. To suggest that "Antifa" in general is using an image makes no sense - how is an organization that only exists in Republican fever-dreams organized enough to do that? I will admit that some of the larger groups in the movement have used similar flags, but that doesn't mean that the entire movement is on board with that.

Antifa is the new Trump campaign bogeyman - rather than caravans of brown people approaching our borders (which didn't work in 2018), we'll be hearing about anarchists who want to overthrow our government. This is how the Trump campaign works - instill fear of "the other".
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 FB and Twitter both flag Trump -  sigtogo/OR on 6/19/20 12:19pm
 Do you have pictures? n/m - Luckydog on 6/19/20 1:38pm
 Re: Do you have pictures? - MikeC/TX on 6/19/20 3:25pm
 Re: Do you have pictures? - MikeC/TX on 6/19/20 3:31pm
 Re: Do you have pictures? - Luckydog on 6/19/20 4:59pm
 Re: Do you have pictures? - Luckydog on 6/19/20 5:02pm
 Re: Do you have pictures? - MikeC/TX on 6/19/20 6:58pm
 Red triangle meaning to Antifa not Nazi related - Luckydog on 6/20/20 9:46am
 Re: Red triangle meaning to Antifa not Nazi related - MikeC/TX on 6/20/20 3:48pm
 Re: Red triangle meaning to Antifa not Nazi related - Luckydog on 6/20/20 7:26pm
 think if you can. Antifa do not use that symbol-defies logic n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 6/20/20 11:35pm
 Re: think if you can. Antifa do not use that symbol-defies logic - bagger on 6/23/20 7:34am
 Re: Red triangle meaning to Antifa not Nazi related - MikeC/TX on 6/21/20 7:01pm
 Mike & Sigoto; Don't be so quick to say not used by Antifa - Moneyman/TX on 6/26/20 9:53pm
 Re: Mike & Sigoto; Don - MikeC/TX on 6/27/20 5:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.