Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

You mean Trump actually getting done what Bush/Obama couldnt
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 11/14/20 8:01pm Msg #76992
Don't you recall, Mike, early in the Trump years when all the never-Trumpers, Hillary Dems, & left wing media were all running around complaining about how brash and rude they thought Trump was when it came to our NATO allies and the fact that many of our allies had not, for years if not decades, been paying even the amount they agreed to into NATO so it has been the U.S. that has been over-paying our agreed to amount because of the shortfall?

Even Rachel Maddow (last I checked, she never liked Trump, so not exactly a friendly in the entertainment world) knew this was true. Although she obviously thought she was getting in a dig at Trump at the time, however, in reality, she was confirming what Trump had been saying about our NATO allies not paying in the amount they agreed to. She quoted former Bush AND Obama staff members who, and she quoted them, said, "We've been saying the same thing to them (NATO members) for years, but we did it behind closed doors, not out in the open".

Saying it in whispers behind "closed doors" didn't get the job done in the last 16 years under both of them, Trump had enough of those types of non-negotiations and put them on blast. It got the desired results, they began paying more into NATO and are expected to meet their financial obligation % by 2024.

What am I saying, of course YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS as information regarding the 2024 target year actually comes from one of your posts talking about the subject which you now claim is something that does not even exist. Msg #71804 -- (in your second paragraph you will find the 2024 reference)

I may not agree with Trump on everything, or even how he does things, but what I am done being "southern" about is when people on the left lie/deny about something Trump actually did when it was part of one of their hair-on-fire daily complaint posts about him. Trump does, and did, enough real stuff that people who hate him could have actually gone after him on, I'm tired of people making up, or continuing to spread actual lies or distortions about something because they don't want to ever give him credit for anything. They didn't have that 2024 target date until Trump put his foot down. I may not have particularly liked how he did it, but in this case, it got the desired results.

Now that all that is cleared up, you replied to the wrong person, LD never even brought up NATO.

By the way, I'm not someone who blindly believes Trump walks on water. It is just after 8 years of, "Oh, you disagree with Obama? You are a racist" total BS and the last 4 years of daily "Orange man bad" and "You agree with Trump? You are a racist" ignorant responses from anyone who hates Trump, I'm not looking forward to the possibility of once again Dems and their supporters trying to shut down conversations with BS like "You disagree with Biden/Harris? You are a racist". You know they are going to tie her name to everything done over the next 4 years, not only for their "u a racist" worn out response, but for the branding factor; they already stated the branding, just look at the campaign signage and the "news" media "reporters" who can hardly mention Biden without saying "Biden/Harris administration". You know it's true, if not, name me one other person who they have ever done the same for.

First, off, the Dems have tossed that word around so much it really does not have any real value any longer. All they have done is make it more comfortable for someone who really is a racist. That's on them.

Secondly, I've been labeled a racist since I was in Jr. High simply because of my address. Without the person claiming it providing any proof, I see it for what it is, a tactic to either deflect the topic or shut down the conversation. That weak BS hasn't bothered me since those few days back in Jr. High. Since they can't provide proof when they have said that to me in the past, I keep the conversation on topic, which usually means they can't defend their position at all.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Benn watching people celebrate Biden's victory - Bob_Chicago on 11/7/20 5:11pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - Luckydog on 11/7/20 7:43pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden -  Amigoaz on 11/7/20 7:56pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - Luckydog on 11/7/20 8:06pm
 There are reports that there are cameras and videos, i.e. - Alz on 11/7/20 8:09pm
 Re: There are reports that there are cameras and videos, i.e. - Luckydog on 11/7/20 8:23pm
 I guess time will tell it all n/m - Alz on 11/8/20 11:20am
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - bagger on 11/7/20 11:07pm
 And cities would have been burning again.. n/m - Linda_H/FL on 11/8/20 7:43am
 Agree with both Bagger and Linda n/m - Luckydog on 11/8/20 1:22pm
 Exactly!! like they did 4 years ago when Trump won. n/m - Calnotary on 11/8/20 5:23pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - shooterclay on 11/8/20 7:28pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - Luckydog on 11/9/20 7:59am
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - MikeC/TX on 11/9/20 5:23pm
 The last 4yrs proved that isn't always the case, Mike. - Moneyman/TX on 11/11/20 12:15pm
 Well said Moneyman/ TX n/m - Luckydog on 11/12/20 9:29pm
 Thank you. n/m - Moneyman/TX on 11/14/20 6:26pm
 Re: The last 4yrs proved that isn - MikeC/TX on 11/14/20 5:35pm
 I agree with you. That is why I do not understand, or agree - Moneyman/TX on 11/14/20 6:58pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - MikeC/TX on 11/9/20 5:20pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - Luckydog on 11/9/20 8:18pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - MikeC/TX on 11/15/20 6:08pm
 Trump's nationalism has remade the world - Luckydog on 11/9/20 10:09pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - shooterclay on 11/9/20 11:42pm
 Re: Benn watching people celebrate Biden - MikeC/TX on 11/15/20 6:12pm
 You mean Trump actually getting done what Bush/Obama couldnt - Moneyman/TX on 11/14/20 8:01pm
 I wish we had a thumbs up! :) n/m - Luckydog on 11/15/20 12:22pm
 Re: You mean Trump actually getting done what Bush/Obama couldnt - MikeC/TX on 11/16/20 10:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.