Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Biden, in HIS OWN WORDS on the matter, Mike
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 4/19/21 6:37am Msg #78415
""There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro during an interview with journalists from the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists."
http://www.npr.org/2020/08/05/899266045/biden-would-end-border-wall-construction-but-wont-tear-down-trump-s-additions

The source is NPR -- try to spin that one into a right-wing unacceptable source if you can.
Somehow, I just can't see them "filling in the gaps" without constructing at least one more foot of the wall.

Although a deflection on your part, I will indulge you a bit on the off the topic subject --
Walls are a deterrent, as well as a way to funnel people who wish to legally enter the country (or legally apply for asylum at the proper place -- an official border entry point). People who you are speaking of who would go over, under, thru, etc. are NOT wanting to enter the country legally nor are they legitimate asylum seekers -- they only claim to be seeking asylum once caught or confronted by border patrol officers. If they never encounter them, they will happily continue on their way illegally entering the country. As for your, "walls don't work" theory, ask the politicians in Washington, D.C., I think they would have to disagree when it comes to their protection.

And yes, the concept of a person, or an apartment complex, having a wall or fence in order to help keep people who wish to commit criminal acts out (notice I didn't claim they kept 100% of people out) is just as valid for a person with private property concerned about their protecting their own property rights as a country having borders to protect it's own rights. As I've mentioned before, you and I have discussed * and agreed * that every country has a right to determine who may/may not enter its borders, just as a person has the same right to determine who may enter their home or private property. That is why every single person who advocates for open borders (regardless of the term used if the end result is the same) are also people who lock their doors at night and when they leave their own homes. They just refuse to see the hypocrisy in advocating for open borders while locking their own doors. Refusal to see it doesn't mean the hypocrisy is not there.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 You don't say ... - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 9:13am
 Re: You don -  Mike Goodey on 4/9/21 12:16pm
 Re: You don - Luckydog on 4/9/21 5:45pm
 Re: You don - MikeC/TX on 4/12/21 7:15pm
 Do you have a fence? - Luckydog on 4/12/21 8:17pm
 Re: Do you have a fence? - MikeC/TX on 4/12/21 11:34pm
 Re: Do you have a fence? - Luckydog on 4/13/21 1:20pm
 11 feet thick and 52 feet tall fun facts about the Vat... - Luckydog on 4/13/21 1:27pm
 Re: 11 feet thick and 52 feet tall fun facts about the Vat... - bagger on 4/15/21 4:25am
 Re: 11 feet thick and 52 feet tall fun facts about the Vat... - MikeC/TX on 4/17/21 11:45pm
 Re: Do you have a fence? - MikeC/TX on 4/17/21 11:32pm
 Re: Do you have a fence? - Luckydog on 4/18/21 7:04pm
 Re: Do you have a fence? - bagger on 4/19/21 2:32pm
 Biden, in HIS OWN WORDS on the matter, Mike - Moneyman/TX on 4/19/21 6:37am
 Re: Biden, in HIS OWN WORDS on the matter, Mike - bagger on 4/19/21 2:34pm
 I know many others with the same type as you ;D n/m - Moneyman/TX on 4/19/21 3:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.