Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

stop wasting tax money
Posted by Art_MD of MD on 6/24/21 12:14pm Msg #78892
I'll probably get a lot of flack for this.

This push for cancelling student debt is wrong.

If someone borrows money, let them repay it.
If you borrowed to get a degree for which you'll never earn enough to comfortably pay back in a decent amount of time - shame on you. Don't expect me to pay your bill.
If you go to an ivy league, borrow 3x you expected income and have trouble paying it back, that was your choice to pick a field with low pay and overpay for it. You chose that field because its what you wanted to do with your life. Part of the price was your student loan. Enjoy you chosen filed of (art historian, librarian, sociologist, low paying job xxxx). You determined that field and knew the prospects.

At the peak of covid-19, the unemployment rate of college degree holders was 8.4% (april 2020). Most debtors have had 12+ months of deferred payment while still employed. Pay your loan. Don't expect me to, thru my taxes, bail you out. You made the decisions, live with them.

If desperate, go into the military service. There are programs that pay off as much as $65,000 in student loans. Plus, you may learn a new field that pays better that the one your in now.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 stop wasting tax money - Art_MD on 6/24/21 12:14pm
 Re: stop wasting tax money - Luckydog on 6/24/21 1:33pm
 Re: stop wasting tax money -  Mike Goodey on 6/24/21 2:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.