Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: It
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 6/25/22 5:13pm Msg #81053

"The Constitution does not give you the right to impose your religious and moral beliefs on anyone else." True but...

Abortion is not a constitutional right. It has been justified as such under the Fourth Amendment’s protection of privacy. In short, the constitutional right to abortion is found not in the Constitution itself, but in a loose reading of it as a “living document,” as the “progressives” like to call it.
The anti‑lifers simply use the “right” to privacy as a license to abuse ― and kill ― other human beings.

50 years is a long time and left it back for individual states once again. So it's a little less convenient now, so be it.

Will it hurt Republicans? Not sure, as there are a lot more right-to-lifers out there and scared to come forward than you think at the moment. Time will tell at the polls how this plays out, but I believe the right will be just fine come election time.
If not, It's the Democrat's "Hail Mary" to get re-elected because what is happening with everything else doesn't give them much of a chance right now looking at the polls.
Is abortion more important than inflation, rent, housing, interest rates, and gas prices? These things affect everyone every day, and I think what voters will be putting front and center. I could be wrong, we shall see.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 It's not that difficult - MikeC/TX on 6/24/22 6:07pm
 Re: It -  JanetK_CA on 6/25/22 1:32am
 Re: It -  NJW/FL on 6/25/22 11:01am
 Re: It - shooterclay on 6/25/22 1:38pm
 Re: It - MikeC/TX on 6/25/22 4:58pm
 I agree with that statement -  NJW/FL on 6/25/22 7:03pm
 Re: It -  JanetK_CA on 6/25/22 5:08pm
 Re: It - MikeC/TX on 6/25/22 4:57pm
 Re: It - PaigeTurner on 6/25/22 5:13pm
 Re: It - MikeC/TX on 6/25/22 6:27pm
 Re: It - PaigeTurner on 6/26/22 6:10pm
 Re: It -  JanetK_CA on 6/26/22 2:18am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.