Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

George Santos - Dog Killer?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/18/23 5:58pm Msg #82308
This is rather bizarre - the latest report on George Santos (or George Devolder or Anthony Devolder or whatever his name really is) that is making the rounds is that he set up a Gofundme to help a disabled veteran raise $3000 for an operation his service dog needed, then disappeared with the money (and p.s. - the dog died).

The story was first reported in the Long Island Patch, a small local newspaper. You can read the details here:

http://patch.com/new-york/oysterbay/disabled-veteran-george-santos-took-3k-dying-dogs-gofundme

As far as I know, the story as reported has not been confirmed by any major media outlet, although I think CNN has picked it up and is looking into it. Is it true? I don't know yet, although the article does include an alleged text message exchange between the disabled veteran and Santos/Devolder. Also, as part of his made-up resume, Santos included a claim that he founded a pet charity which I think is mentioned in the text exchange; according to NY State records, that charity did not exist.

IF this is true (and I don't know that yet), you can't go much lower than this - stealing money from a disabled vet that was needed for his dog's surgery and letting the animal die? It seems to be totally on-brand for Santos, who we know worked for a company that was running a Ponzi scheme, and even more reason why he needs to be booted from the House. But Kevin McCarthy needs his vote, so nothing will be done.

And then this afternoon, this was first reported on Twitter, and a number of smaller media outlets are running with it:

http://www.mediaite.com/news/george-santos-reportedly-used-the-name-kitara-during-time-as-brazilian-drag-queen/

The photo is very grainy but it kinda sorta maybe looks like him; again, it needs to be confirmed. Interestingly, the Brazilian drag performer said he always used the name "Anthony", never "George".

Santos has at least a half-dozen aliases; there is video of him online in which he appeared at an LGBTQ event and identified himself as Anthony Devolder.

At this point, we don't really know what his name is; it would be fair to ask to see his birth certificate and his US passport to determine his real name and whether or not he's actually a US citizen.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 George Santos - Dog Killer? - MikeC/TX on 1/18/23 5:58pm
 Here are his known aliases so far - MikeC/TX on 1/19/23 10:56pm
 Re: Here are his known aliases so far - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 9:15am
 Re: Here are his known aliases so far - MikeC/TX on 1/20/23 4:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.