Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

One more thing...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/24/23 3:03pm Msg #82707
I'd meant to include a mention of one other thing. I found a source that says roughly 500,000 women in the US suffer a miscarriage every year. [http://www.hopexchange.com/Statistics.htm] This page also includes an estimate of approximately 26,000 stillbirths per year in the US.

Losing a pregnancy, when you're looking forward to that addition to the family, has to be difficult enough, but I can't imagine the additional trauma caused by then potentially having to undergo a criminal investigation to determine if it was naturally caused or induced! Sadly, many, many women in this country are going to have to find out - unless/until these laws are overturned.

I also second Mike's comments, especially about it being wrong to impose one's personal/religious beliefs onto to everyone else. I always thought that was a basic tenet of the First Amendment. Frown
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Idaho hospital to stop baby deliveries, partly over politics - SC/CA on 3/23/23 2:21pm
 Law of natural consequences. Insisting doctors ignore oaths - sigtogo/OR on 3/23/23 9:34pm
 Re: Idaho hospital to stop baby deliveries, partly over politics -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/23 1:30am
 Just adding my own two cents, which are worthless... - MikeC/TX on 3/24/23 2:27am
 One more thing... -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/23 3:03pm
 Re: One more thing... - MikeC/TX on 3/24/23 5:51pm
 Re: Idaho hospital to stop baby deliveries, partly over politics - PaigeTurner on 3/30/23 3:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.