Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Mutual respect ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 12/8/18 8:08am Msg #30720
As a matter of respect, I always try to get to all my appointments at least 5 minutes early -- usually more like 10.

This past Thursday, I had a dental appointment at 9:00 am. I signed in at 8:52. While sitting in waiting room, I see and hear doctor telling one of the assistants that "she just texted that she's on her way" while he's holding his cell and texting. Finally, receptionist calls me to front desk to complete sign in. I told her what I'd witnessed and asked if things are running timely. She said yes, just the hygienist running a little late but everyone and everything else on time.

I'm seen to the exam room and draped and my records pulled up on computer and ready for dentist. I wait ... and wait ... and wait. 20 minutes later, no one comes in. I get up from chair, take drape off, walk out to receptionist and ask to be rescheduled. She asked what the problem may be. I let her know that I make it point to be on time and I'd been in chair for 20 minutes waiting and doc never showed. She apologized, tried to explain "things may be running a little late" and rescheduled me for next Thursday for first thing in the morning at 8:00.

Guess I just wasn't feeling the love and the patience that day. ;( However, it did feel good to let them know how I felt.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Mutual respect ... - Yoli/CA on 12/8/18 8:08am
 It seems to be that way with many professional offices. -  MW/VA on 12/8/18 9:44am
 Re: It seems to be that way with many professional offices. - Yoli/CA on 12/9/18 10:07am
 Re: Mutual respect ... - MikeC/TX on 12/8/18 6:05pm
 Re: Mutual respect ... - Yoli/CA on 12/9/18 10:17am
 You all are much better than I....Patience is no longer my - Alz on 12/12/18 12:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.