Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Orphaned opossum
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 6/11/19 2:46pm Msg #31206
Somebody left me 3 tiny 4-week old 3" babies at my door anonymously this AM. They were in a plastic shoebox, really cold and nothing else. I quickly took them in warmed them up and called a wildlife rescue to see what to do. Luckily someone was in the near vicinity and met her and gave them to her. We couldn't tell if squirrels or opossum, but my follow up call they determined they were just that. Their eyes still closed, naked, with little prehensile tails and little dog like faces. They look amazingly similar to squirrels Not sure who dropped them at my door, the neighbor across the hall knocked and pointed them out to see if I knew about them and offered to raise them with me. They are still too small and need tube feeding, so did the right thing for the little guys. I didn't see a dead momma, but I am glad someone at least tried to save the babies and thought of me.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Orphaned opossum - Luckydog on 6/11/19 2:46pm
 Re: Orphaned opossum - HisHughness on 6/11/19 7:21pm
 Re: Orphaned opossum - Luckydog on 6/12/19 9:44am
 What A Kind And Loving Gesture . . . -  PegiT_MN on 6/12/19 12:55pm
 Re: What A Kind And Loving Gesture . . . - Luckydog on 6/13/19 9:31am
 Sweet little babies & you did the right thing. Always -  MW/VA on 6/13/19 6:57pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.