Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: On fire watch this morning. Update
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/27/20 2:53am Msg #32323
Well, so far I'm one of the lucky ones. The mandatory evacuation zone stopped about 1 mile from me. And when they added a couple more evacuation zones later, they shifted in a direction away from me, towards neighborhoods that have encroached into/next to undeveloped areas in foothills, and towards mountains with heavy brush and lots of fuel.

I'm still hearing planes and helicopters passing overhead from time to time, which is a bit unsettling. However, my neighbors and I all owe a very large dose of gratitude to those pilots and the many firefighters on the ground who have kept the flames away from more populated areas! Two of them were very badly burned today and are in serious condition, so please send a good thought for them, too.

I'm still all packed and ready to leave within minutes, if necessary, but it's looking less and less like that will happen. Winds are expected to die down by around 6:00 pm Tuesday, so hopefully I'll then just have to figure out how to find all the stuff I just threw into boxes and bags and start putting stuff back! Wink

I hope all the evacuees will be as fortunate. So far, I haven't heard of any homes being destroyed from this fire, although there was another fire in our county this afternoon, about 25 - 30 miles to the north, where I heard one home had been lost.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 On fire watch this morning. -  JanetK_CA on 10/26/20 2:57pm
 Prayers for your safety Janet! n/m - Linda_H/FL on 10/26/20 4:18pm
 Oh, no! Please stay safe! n/m -  MW/VA on 10/26/20 9:11pm
 Re: On fire watch this morning. - Luckydog on 10/26/20 9:55pm
 Re: On fire watch this morning. Update -  JanetK_CA on 10/27/20 2:53am
 Re: On fire watch this morning. Update - SC/CA on 10/27/20 11:38am
 Re: On fire watch this morning. Update -  JanetK_CA on 10/28/20 4:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.