Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Hey! LOL
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 10/8/21 7:20pm Msg #33553
Okay, I'll do a little gloating...just to catch ya'll up.

First, it was a great year for Monarchs and hummingbirds out back. For about two months we had at least one monarch per day winging it. The movie The Birds comes to mind with the hummers. I had 25 to 30 the other day. It's a nut house out there.

Veggies? yadda yadda. The beds are full and the cycle never ends. For autumn and winter I have lettuce, spinach, beets, green, white, red and yellow onions, kale (of course), carrots, endives, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and a bunch of herbs.

Did a cool thing with the 'maters this year. I planted two rows and ran string across the top of one row to the other. Then tied the vines across to make a tomato tunnel. Can walk under and pick! It's pretty cool!

Harvested a bunch of garlic and onions this year. Been roasting the garlic and onions with the maters, then mashing and freezing for pasta sauce. Well, Mrs Bear does that part. I do quality control tasting!

Thanks!

I've been spending equal time on the RAM dually. Adding performance fuel filter system and deleting the old stuff. Adding an exhaust brake system. It gets complicated, but I enjoy the learning process.

And weirdly, been researching last two days how to make, repair, rebuild (?) A/C evaporator temperature sensors (thermistors) to replace OEM parts.

Otherwise, I have a really boring side-life!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Gardening -  Yoli/CA on 10/8/21 6:00pm
 Re: Gardening n/m - Bear900/CA on 10/8/21 6:59pm
 Hey! LOL - Bear900/CA on 10/8/21 7:20pm
 Re:need to rename - Art_MD on 10/9/21 12:02pm
 Re:need to rename - Bear900/CA on 10/9/21 6:07pm
 Good for her! :>) -  JanetK_CA on 10/10/21 3:58pm
 Re: Hey! LOL -  Mike Goodey on 10/16/21 11:24pm
 Re: Gardening -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/9/21 12:46pm
 Re: Yoli, you have every right to gloat - Carolyn Bodley on 10/10/21 3:41pm
 Re: Gardening - anotaryinva on 10/10/21 5:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.