Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: This was an issue based on how some PO
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/15/21 6:14pm Msg #33931
I am trying not to get political here, but things seemed to be working fine until a certain individual became Postmaster last year and started dismantling the system... It's difficult to properly sort mail properly when you've removed the machines that actually sorted the mail.

Comedian Kathleen Madigan did a bit about going to the post office:

"Here. I have this letter and I want it to get to Alaska in a few days. How much is that gonna cost me? 50 cents? Really? Oh, OK, here you go... Do I want anything else? Yeah, give me a bunch of those stamps!"

That was several years ago. Now? It's anyone's guess how long it will take.

On the bright side, I have a roll of Forever Stamps that I bought years ago when postage was still in the 40-cent range. I think I'm going to bequeath it to one of my heirs...

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 USPS - MikeC/TX on 12/13/21 4:39pm
 Re: USPS -  Mike Goodey on 12/13/21 8:51pm
 It's so ridiculous. They give priority to junk mail & not -  MW/VA on 12/14/21 8:09am
 Xmas card mailed 12/9 in CT, Rec'd 12/13 in AR - Lee/AR on 12/14/21 11:49am
 This was an issue based on how some PO's were handling -  MW/VA on 12/14/21 6:22pm
 Re: This was an issue based on how some PO - MikeC/TX on 12/15/21 6:14pm
 Re: This was an issue based on how some PO -  Mike Goodey on 12/16/21 12:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.