Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Just got word...
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/14/22 2:19pm Msg #34088
Sorry to hear that. I agree that being supportive is the best route. Sometimes our closest friends, or close family members, or even we ourselves can make bad decisions based on a wide variety of reasons. The tough call is when we, or they, feel the decision is the best one even in the face of harsh criticism or consequences.

Being supportive may help them make better future decisions. There is a huge difference in being supportive and enabling so there is also nothing wrong with making clear our views which you already have.

Sometimes the best action after the fact is no action, and the best words once spoken are no words, especially with family if you wish to keep a long-term peace.

I would send them something to help ease their pain and suffering. They will remember that when they get well.

I find it helpful to keep my humor. I made a bad decision yesterday to paint a couple of walls with an injured elbow. My wife called me and kindly reminded me to do this and that to help it heal. I mentioned that she forgot the most important thing. I repeated one of the lines below and we both laughed.

http://youtu.be/KChWF0mfRDw

Send this to your brother and make him smile!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Just got word... - MikeC/TX on 1/13/22 10:29pm
 Re: Just got word... -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/13/22 11:11pm
 Re: Just got word... - Carolyn Bodley on 1/13/22 11:12pm
 I thought it has been proven that the virus doesn't live -  MW/VA on 1/15/22 10:16am
 I live alone & have an "air scrubber" on my furnace. -  MW/VA on 1/15/22 10:17am
 Re: I thought it has been proven that the virus doesn - Carolyn Bodley on 1/15/22 10:44am
 Re: I thought it has been proven that the virus doesn - SC/CA on 1/15/22 10:45am
 Re: Just got word... - Bear900/CA on 1/14/22 2:19pm
 Re: Just got word... - SC/CA on 1/14/22 4:02pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.