Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Fun time with the CA DMV
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 4/7/24 12:11pm Msg #36977
You’re in good company, and you’re certainly not alone. Nor is DMV the first or last institution to screw up, big time. In the 80’s, my husband worked to save enough money to put himself through college, and had his savings in a B of A account to draw from. One day he went to withdraw funds and there was $4,000. missing from his account, with no explanation. It was simply gone. Luckily, he kept all transaction details and all bank statements (pretty good for a 23 y/o). There were no computers back then, no 800#’s to call centers, no billpay or online sanfus. It took him almost a full year to resolve the matter, and the bank treated him like a college kid who didn’t know better. But he was persistent, and diligent in this bookkeeping, and he was (eventually) able to get his funds back. $4,000 was a lot of money back then, and still is, and it had a major impact on his ability to pay rent, tuition, living expenses etc. I don’t think he ever told his parents.

Then there’s the time (again, pre-computer/call center era) when Countrywide Mortgage (good ‘ol Countrywide) gave us a free month’s mortgage. They insisted that we paid our monthly mortgage in-person in Florida. I’ve never been to Florida. We argued with them for a month or two, then finally said, “Fine!” So be it. :-)

I’m sure it’ll all work out, but it’s certainly a pain to have to deal with such major nonsense. And, I’m sorry that you’re having to deal with it. Orange is best seen in the beautiful CA poppy, which are just starting to come out. :-)
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Fun time with the CA DMV - Bear900/CA on 4/5/24 11:06am
 OMG! To really mess up, it takes 'big tech' n/m - Lee/AR on 4/5/24 12:17pm
 Re: OMG! To really mess up, it takes - Bear900/CA on 4/5/24 2:28pm
 Re: OMG! To really mess up, it takes - bagger on 4/7/24 5:31am
 Holy Crapola! -  Yoli/CA on 4/5/24 2:41pm
 Re: Holy Crapola! - Bear900/CA on 4/5/24 11:32pm
 Re: Fun time with the CA DMV - SC/CA on 4/5/24 7:30pm
 Re: Fun time with the CA DMV - Bear900/CA on 4/5/24 11:40pm
 Re: Fun time with the CA DMV -  Yoli/CA on 4/6/24 10:41am
 Welcome to the life of an MLO - Bear900/CA on 4/6/24 12:09pm
 Re: Welcome to the life of an MLO -  Yoli/CA on 4/6/24 1:22pm
 "Live customer service is dead." / "being a codger stinks" -  JanetK_CA on 4/8/24 6:15pm
 To serve man - SC/CA on 4/8/24 7:07pm
 Re: Live customer service is dead. - bagger on 4/21/24 5:32am
 Thanks for the tip! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/28/24 4:46pm
 Re: Fun time with the CA DMV - SC/CA on 4/7/24 12:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.