Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree, Linda
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 8/30/14 12:03pm Msg #514427
As I thought this through, I realized it might not be possible under some instances to speak to the signer. They may not have a phone by their bed. They may not be able to hold a phone through a conversation. They may not be able to hear well enough. Some signers may not even be able to speak. But none of that means you can't notarize their signature. Just gotta take it one at a time. Maybe just ask your caller if it's possible to talk to the signer beforehand and see what kind of response you get.

Problem is I've been lied to by family members about the condition of the signer and this creates a whole bunch of distrust. One time, the guy was screaming from his hospital bed he wasn't going to sign anything. OK, then. Goodbye. If he had screamed that to me over the phone, would have saved me some time and gas!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I love the warmth and coziness in the forum...it is always -  Jim/AL on 8/29/14 10:01pm
 POA follow - BearPaw/CO on 8/29/14 10:34pm
 hit the notary trifecta once.... - notarydi/CA on 8/29/14 10:44pm
 Agree on all points -  JanetK_CA on 8/29/14 11:52pm
 I agree with the idea of speaking with the signer first.. -  Linda_H/FL on 8/30/14 9:24am
 Re: I agree with the idea of speaking with the signer first.. -  Notarysigner on 8/30/14 10:14am
 Agree, Linda - BearPaw/CO on 8/30/14 12:03pm
 I agree with you - it's a crap shoot when we get there -  Linda_H/FL on 8/30/14 12:51pm
 Everyone does what they think is best..there -  Notarysigner on 8/30/14 5:03pm
 Family is all any one really has and we have to protect them -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/30/14 9:37am
 Re: I love the warmth and coziness in the forum...it is always - Karla/OR on 8/30/14 5:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.