Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I love the warmth and coziness in the forum...it is always
Posted by Karla/OR of OR on 8/30/14 5:23pm Msg #514441
Such a great subject and wonderful posts! The posts remind seasoned notaries and newbies the importance of handling the POA appointments with open eyes and ears.

I have had two scary POA experiences that were almost back-to-back. (possibly a full moon). Had one vet signed the POA, he would have lost his state medical benefits AND his home. He verbalized that his sister already has a POA and FORTUNATELY I could not reach her while at the appointment. I agreed to discuss the situation with her first and get back to the vet. The sister confirmed she has a POA and that the couple are living on his property taking care of the vets brother. They were being asked to leave the property so it could be put up for sale. The couple told me without an ounce of guilt on their breath that they were headed straight to the court house following the POA signing to have the vets home deeded over to them. BUSTED!!

Although I received no monetary compensation for it, it was well worth being involved in busting these con artists.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I love the warmth and coziness in the forum...it is always -  Jim/AL on 8/29/14 10:01pm
 POA follow - BearPaw/CO on 8/29/14 10:34pm
 hit the notary trifecta once.... - notarydi/CA on 8/29/14 10:44pm
 Agree on all points -  JanetK_CA on 8/29/14 11:52pm
 I agree with the idea of speaking with the signer first.. -  Linda_H/FL on 8/30/14 9:24am
 Re: I agree with the idea of speaking with the signer first.. -  Notarysigner on 8/30/14 10:14am
 Agree, Linda - BearPaw/CO on 8/30/14 12:03pm
 I agree with you - it's a crap shoot when we get there -  Linda_H/FL on 8/30/14 12:51pm
 Everyone does what they think is best..there -  Notarysigner on 8/30/14 5:03pm
 Family is all any one really has and we have to protect them -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/30/14 9:37am
 Re: I love the warmth and coziness in the forum...it is always - Karla/OR on 8/30/14 5:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.