Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Luckydog Says It Best I Would Say
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 3/11/18 5:38pm Msg #590959
This is true...the major players are all streamlining their programs and going green. No more printing, paper, extra expenses. Just imagine all those 125 page closings coming back, being manually recorded, filed, bill paid and then stored for 5 years in boxes. Yes, MERS stores the Note and Mtg. but title has a responsibility to preserve more... Companies developing software geared to them is where it is at. They want to cut costs, expenditures and storing wear houses of documents, not to mention the shredding service twice a month to their office. The truth is, the NSA's fee is peanuts compared to the reality of why they are streamlining, but when it happens, they will need trained NSA's to step in and continue on. I believe the big lenders and title companies will offer training to their favorites and be of little to no expense to the NSA, but they need to be willing to learn it. A buyer's package will then be given at the end when it funds and it's done. Refi's the same, just have to wait the 3 days of recession.
I think the days of home closing and courtesy closings are going to end the more and more progress moves forward, and the borrowers will have to go to their relator's office or title company who has the capabilities and security features that are needed. Just what I think, and where I currently work have moved into a Green system and learning it right now. NSA's will be needed, but in a totally different way of doing things. Title companies have no interest of doing their own closings unless necessary and their NSA's are busy and have to...they are busy getting packages together and working towards the next one and starting new ones....and not cost effective to do their own closings when we have professionals who specialize in it (NSA's).
Embrace it, get into the new technology faster than your competition (ask your major title companies when they think its going to happen and show interest) and I believe you will be making more money than now and be working smarter instead of harder.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Could notary work become unsustainable? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 6:43am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Lee/AR on 3/11/18 7:13am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Luckydog on 3/11/18 11:52am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 12:40pm
 Then there was this in 2013 -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 12:43pm
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - SteveS/CA on 3/11/18 12:51pm
 Re: BCH Notary? -  Pamela/CA on 3/11/18 1:20pm
 Re: BCH Notary? -  JanetK_CA on 3/11/18 2:27pm
 Aren't you too funny! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 3:26pm
 Luckydog Says It Best I Would Say -  Scriba/NM on 3/11/18 1:45pm
 Re: Luckydog Says It Best I Would Say - Luckydog on 3/11/18 5:38pm
 I think 20 years from now the LO may be a thing of the past. n/m - Bear900/CA on 3/11/18 11:30pm
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Valerie Harris on 3/12/18 5:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.