Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: BCH Notary?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/11/18 2:27pm Msg #590957
I know just enough (maybe...) about blockchain to be dangerous, but... I think you have a point. From the little bit I've read about this (from other sources), this technology has the most likelihood of replacing our function. One thing that concerns me is the possibility of another agency ("assurance co"?) that could act as a clearing house for identity verification. Don't know if this is accurate, but I'm picturing something similar to the credit reporting agencies - and we have a pretty good idea of how many errors exist in *those* data bases!

Getting there, though, is very likely to be a bumpy ride. In the interim, I believe we need to be very careful about looking at motivations and biases of the authors of many of these articles. Most of what I've read from a wide variety of sources (many from links posted here by members) seem to be little more than press release materials designed to promote the point of view of companies like Notarize. Has anyone come across any quality sources or organizations working to counter their public relations efforts?

Actually, I suppose it's possible that blockchain technology could even make remote notarization obsolete... Wouldn't that be ironic?!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Could notary work become unsustainable? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 6:43am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Lee/AR on 3/11/18 7:13am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Luckydog on 3/11/18 11:52am
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 12:40pm
 Then there was this in 2013 -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 12:43pm
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - SteveS/CA on 3/11/18 12:51pm
 Re: BCH Notary? -  Pamela/CA on 3/11/18 1:20pm
 Re: BCH Notary? -  JanetK_CA on 3/11/18 2:27pm
 Aren't you too funny! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/18 3:26pm
 Luckydog Says It Best I Would Say -  Scriba/NM on 3/11/18 1:45pm
 Re: Luckydog Says It Best I Would Say - Luckydog on 3/11/18 5:38pm
 I think 20 years from now the LO may be a thing of the past. n/m - Bear900/CA on 3/11/18 11:30pm
 Re: Could notary work become unsustainable? - Valerie Harris on 3/12/18 5:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.