Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: BUSTED ! bogus loan mod scammers indicted on 33 counts
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/29/14 1:52pm Msg #512485
If they are found guilty, I will be glad to see that at least the will finally have to answer for doing what they did. I wonder how many families they broke up because of what they are accused of doing? I wonder if any of the victims ended up taking their own lives because they lost their homes and/or families because these people screwed them over? (again, if they are found guilty)

IMO, if they are found guilty, each one of them should see the inside of a prison cell until the day they die.

I only have one question for SIGTARP, the other government agencies, and any law enforcement organizations involved, ....

"The defendants operated multiple offices in California including in Irvine, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Garden Grove, and Westminster under a series of company names from late 2008 to early 2010. Initially called Greenleaf Modify, the defendants subsequently operated under the names U.S. Homeowners Relief, Waypoint Law Group, and American Lending Review." (from the linked article)

FROM 2008 - 2010 ?? WTH took so long to finally catch & charge them?

If they shut down each of the companies due to large number of complaints and/or unwanted attention themselves, without any reasonable government or law enforcement action, what good did it do for any of the victims to file any complaints? From reading the article, it seems as though the defendants shut down their own scam in 2010 (4 yrs ago!) themselves, while complaints from people that were scammed were piling up; without much, if any, help from the state or federal government agencies supposedly set up to help protect consumers from just such activities.

Sure, there would be some homeowners that would have lost money, and even some that may have lost their homes before these people could be shut down regardless, but to wait until they have run their scams as far as *they* thought they could run them, then take an additional 4 years before being able to 'connect any of the dots' seems to me, to be adding insult to injury, as far as the victims are concerned. More than likely, none of the victims will ever receive any of their money back and the ones that lost their homes will certainly never be able to say they received any real justice, regardless of the length of any prison terms handed out if they are convicted, imo.

I understand the layers of protection, or cover from the law, concept that the type of shell games they are being accused of would have offered them, at least for a short period of time, but for a run of 6 years worth of cover! JMO, but it appears that the victims are also victims of government apathy & sloth as well; state & federal.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 BUSTED ! bogus loan mod scammers indicted on 33 counts -  Linda_in_IN on 7/29/14 9:26am
 Hooray!!! :-) Now if they could just go after all the folks -  MW/VA on 7/29/14 12:38pm
 Re: BUSTED ! bogus loan mod scammers indicted on 33 counts - Moneyman/TX on 7/29/14 1:52pm
 Re: BUSTED ! bogus loan mod scammers indicted on 33 counts -  101livescan on 7/30/14 12:55am
 They should be doing this to some of these debt -  Linda_H/FL on 7/30/14 9:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.