Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

<<Connected to the underworld>>
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 4/5/19 11:20am Msg #605121
I am aware of two SSs that are owned and operated by women married to currently incarcerated felons. One of them insists that when you meet the borrower, you txt her a photo of their DL before you begin. Really? First of all, NO SS should have access to that. Second, this info should not be on anybody's phone nor should it be sent over unsecure airwaves, so to speak. And especially to somebody married to an imprisoned notorious gang member(and he's pretty notorious). That said, just cos you're married to such a person doesn't mean you can't run a business nor should you have to pay "for the sins of our fathers," as the saying goes. Still, we run the type of business where this combination of gang members (hubby) and having access to people's personal info (texting DLs) is worrisome …. .

On the other hand, when I was at Costco last year buying wine they asked to see my ID which she immediately swiped into their system. Now Costco has all the info on my DL. Yesterday, standing in line at Costco, they did the same thing to the guy in front of me buying liquor. So which is worse? Prison gangs having your borrowers' info or Costco? Target also swiped my DL a couple of years ago when I was buying Tylenol flu stuff.

And Jamie Dimon is worried about consumers' personal data. I don't know that this particular SS owner does Chase loans, but if she does ….. so much for consumer privacy on that front, gangs aside. I also think gangs of all sorts in and out of prison are way ahead of Jamie Dimon. Fact is we have no privacy. Gangs, Costco (only a matter of time before they're hacked) whoever. whatever. All this is probably only the tip of the iceberg. Now we have looming digital ID verification ... maybe soon to be a prison-run industry.!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I received an email last night about e-notary. For those -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 9:33am
 Re: I received an email last night about e-notary. For those - Luckydog on 4/3/19 11:03am
 This is exactly why I haven't jumped on board for e-notary. -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 2:34pm
 e-notary - Signerbill on 4/3/19 1:17pm
 Re: I received an email last night about e-notary. For those -  VT_Syrup on 4/3/19 1:31pm
 InstaNotary is a pay to play directory...very expensive one! n/m - Lee/AR on 4/3/19 1:42pm
 I didn't research it, but I'm sure it's all about them -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 2:30pm
 I didn't post the email address of the sender for obvious -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 2:31pm
 As we know, the name of the game today is creating "apps". n/m -  MW/VA on 4/3/19 2:33pm
 Thanks for the heads-up re: new angle to beware of. -  JanetK_CA on 4/3/19 3:14pm
 It's only a matter of time before SnapDocs etc ... - BearPaw/CO on 4/4/19 11:02am
 Snapdocs will get squeezed out -  VT_Syrup on 4/4/19 12:56pm
 Re: Snapdocs will get squeezed out - Luckydog on 4/5/19 8:31pm
 Thanks. This is great documentation for this issue! -  JanetK_CA on 4/4/19 2:40pm
 Thanks for posting this! -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/4/19 3:30pm
 <<Connected to the underworld>> - BearPaw/CO on 4/5/19 11:20am
 Re: <<Connected to the underworld>> -  canotaryhere on 4/5/19 2:57pm
 Re: I received an email last night about e-notary. For those -  canotaryhere on 4/5/19 2:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.