Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I got no dog in this fight but maybe this is her beef
Posted by  Hiba/CA of CA on 9/18/14 4:29pm Msg #515499
That's it? This is something we all provide: service to jails and hospitals and extended care facilities. That isn't exactly groundbreaking thoughtful content. How many of you have similar if not exact wording on under the areas you service?

If I really wanted to plagiarize, I could have gone to her website and stolen language and content from there. I did my own content and these are quibbles over things that don't vary from notary to notary. I have never plagiarized, not in the true sense of the word. Listing the cities and the ZIP Codes that you serve, and the establishments you work with is something we all list. Yes it was taken and tweaked from her, but it's not exactly something that's going to give me an unfair professional advantage.

This is much ado about ...well, not much. Heather could've easily reached out to me and said "look please take that stuff down because it's on my page and I don't want you copying it." And I gladly would have AND also apologized. But by virtue of her calling me out like this, so publicly, in front of everyone, makes it sound like I went to her website, not just her Notary Rotary profile, and copied and stole material that she composed. I'm sitting here completely humiliated and my reputation is tarnished over something minor, in the big picture. I have said all I'm going to say about this because the situation is what it is. And you guys can choose to make it something of a major issue or something minor. I hope you get tons of business Heather and that your website remains completely sacrosanct and you get all the clients in the world that you deserve.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Hiba, Good job stealing info from my Website with - HeatherR/CA on 9/17/14 8:20pm
 Re: Hiba, Good job stealing info from my Website with -  PegiT_MN on 9/17/14 8:33pm
 You got that right: Bad, bad form. n/m - jba/fl on 9/18/14 8:56am
 I had someone copy mine also. So what I did -  Notarysigner on 9/18/14 9:59am
 Re: Hiba, Good job stealing info from my Website with -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 2:39pm
 Re: I don't think all the hoopla is over counties - Carolyn Bodley on 9/18/14 3:12pm
 Re: I don -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 3:39pm
 I got no dog in this fight but maybe this is her beef -  Notarysigner on 9/18/14 3:48pm
 Re: I got no dog in this fight but maybe this is her beef -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 4:29pm
 Re: i agree with James -- that I don't have a dog in this - Carolyn Bodley on 9/18/14 4:07pm
 Re: oops, ... only SO many ways ... n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 9/18/14 4:11pm
 It's a total cut and paste . . . -  PegiT_MN on 9/18/14 4:32pm
 Re: -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 4:52pm
 Re: Re: -  PegiT_MN on 9/18/14 5:34pm
 Re: Re: -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 5:51pm
 Re: Re: - LMN on 9/18/14 10:04pm
 Re: Re: -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/18/14 10:34pm
 Re: Re: -  Hiba/CA on 9/18/14 10:58pm
 My .02 FWIW - I'll be honest here -  Linda_H/FL on 9/19/14 7:27am
 I agree...a lot of jumping to conclusion and opinions -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/19/14 9:52am
 Re: I agree...a lot of jumping to conclusion and opinions - HeatherR/CA on 9/19/14 1:49pm
 I agree too... -  Go2NotaryLLC on 9/19/14 11:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.