Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Update re: SuperMediaStore/Linkyo cartridges - bad news.
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 9/22/14 4:19pm Msg #515765
Looks like I'm going back to being a 4inkjets/LD Products customer. (Thanks, NotRot folks for fixing the link on the Resources page!!)

I had ordered two cartridges from SuperMediaStore.com and finally needed to install one last Friday. (Wonder why I always seem to run out on a Friday...) When I put in the new cartridge, my printer (HP 2430) immediately started making a loud clicking sound, the red light started flashing, and it showed a message stating that a non-HP cartridge was installed (or something to that affect). I've never seen that before and I've been using non-OEM cartridges on these printers for many years. I didn't even try to print anything. Fortunately, I had already printed most of what I needed, and was able to use my back-up printer for the rest of it.

I suppose it's possible that I ordered wrong, but still... I immediately reordered two more from 4inkjets for only $2.00 more each (with an online coupon I found) than what I paid for the Linkyo cartridges. The LD Products cartridges have new chips in them, so the printer recognizes them as "official HP cartridges". The one that is being replaced (now with <1% left) printed more than 10,000 pages. I wonder if they have a new supplier since the problems they were having a few years back. I've had only excellent results from the 4inkjets/LD Products cartridges that I've bought through Notary Rotary.

The good news is that customer service at SuperMediaStore.com appear to be making it very easy for me to return the other cartridges (promising to send a prepaid FedEx shipping label within 24 hrs) for a full refund.

Live and learn!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Update re: SuperMediaStore/Linkyo cartridges - bad news. - JanetK_CA on 9/22/14 4:19pm
 Re: Update re: SuperMediaStore/Linkyo cartridges - bad news. - kcg on 9/22/14 4:27pm
 That's too bad, because I get get performance from their -  MW/VA on 9/23/14 11:10am
 Re: That -  JanetK_CA on 9/25/14 12:26am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.